• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    A few years back. Instead of looking like waves all the way down the core, it has a weird looking design. Check Silencer Shop to see the new core.

Pretty sure they are both Gen 1. They are both at least 6 years old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outobie

Mar 7, 2012
    Annapolis
    I back ordered my can from silencer co last august. It came in and was delivered to my FFL in December. My check was cashed mid January.

Any idea when I should expect to get my can? Looking at the wait times on silencerco website I’m thinking mid October.

Does this sound about right? 14 months from back ordering and 10 months from order fulfillment

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo
    I’m approximately 1 month ahead of you. Checks cashed right before Christmas 2020. My buddy was 1 month ahead of me and he picked up his can a week or two ago. I’m calling the ATF tomorrow to get an estimate.

For additional references: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/nrveht/june_2021_stamp_approval_megathread/

I know it is Reddit, but it seems to be tracking, especially with my friend’s wait time. If I remember, I’ll letcha know in a month or so.

I back ordered my can from silencer co last august. It came in and was delivered to my FFL in December. My check was cashed mid January.

Any idea when I should expect to get my can? Looking at the wait times on silencerco website I’m thinking mid October.

Does this sound about right? 14 months from back ordering and 10 months from order fulfillment

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I’m approximately 1 month ahead of you. Checks cashed right before Christmas 2020. My buddy was 1 month ahead of me and he picked up his can a week or two ago. I’m calling the ATF tomorrow to get an estimate.

For additional references: https://www.reddit.com/r/NFA/comments/nrveht/june_2021_stamp_approval_megathread/

I know it is Reddit, but it seems to be tracking, especially with my friend’s wait time. If I remember, I’ll letcha know in a month or so.

Those times are wishy washy. In the past 2 years I had one take 10.5 months to approve and another take 5 even to be in my hand.

( insert my Forrest Gump voice) ya Never know what you’re going to get

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Seems the NFA branch is using COVID as an excuse now. I sent in a F4 on 4/2, check was cashed on the 9th. NFA branch still says its not in the system and they wont do anything until 90 days from the time the check is cashed. Thanks Biden

I remember getting transfers done as fast as 6 weeks in the late 90's.

I was just told the exact same thing.

I called to check on a form 4 that was submitted a month or so ago. I knew it wasn’t anywhere close to being approved, just called to check to make sure they have everything they need.

They have nothing in their system, and asked ME if the payment was processed lol.

Mentioned covid and they’ve applied additional resources to combat the extra workload.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I have a security clearance and work in a highly secure facility, and I am being held up because of I am a high risk?

Anyways - I did call ATF NFA Branch (304) 616-4500. The only thing I verified was that it is pending and there is no other required action on my part. I was only on hold for about 5 minutes so not a big deal to check.

Call NFA Branch. Ask about the status of your application. I'm telling you that you're looking at a 4+ month long wait, on top of the 30 days on a eForm 1.

My NICS check came back delayed, hence the reason why I know about this. There is nothing you can do and nobody you can pester about it. Embrace the suck and just wait for the email to come in. While you're at it, be sure to thank Carol Ripley for bending you over like this.

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    I have a security clearance and work in a highly secure facility, and I am being held up because of I am a high risk?

Anyways - I did call ATF NFA Branch (304) 616-4500. The only thing I verified was that it is pending and there is no other required action on my part. I was only on hold for about 5 minutes so not a big deal to check.

Clearance doesn't mean squat. The ATF is on mid-December form 4s right now, with the usual outliers.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV

I'm saying it again.

You. Got. A. Delay. On. The. Background. Check.

It'll take about 5 months to clear.

Calm down, and just forget about it for a while.
    Mine is an eForm 1. These usually take what, 2 months? Outlier, that's me!
    They actually have only ever taken 25-35 days for my eForm 1 submissions, except for when I got delayed on the background check.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Eform 1 SBR X2
    submitted 6-11
    fingerprints received 6-14
    approved 6-27

LOL basically 2 weeks, shocked I got them back on a sunday morning.

20210627_081741.jpg

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Eform 1 SBR X2
    submitted 6-11
    fingerprints received 6-14
    approved 6-27

LOL basically 2 weeks, shocked I got them back on a sunday morning.

View attachment 316351

When they were approved-- did they post a copy of the approved form and or the stamp? T
    The reason I ask. My e-form account indicates the Form 1 was finalized on 6-20 but I don't have any paperwork to support that.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    When they were approved-- did they post a copy of the approved form and or the stamp? T
    The reason I ask. My e-form account indicates the Form 1 was finalized on 6-20 but I don't have any paperwork to support that.

The complete 6 page form 1 PDFs were attached to E-mails, pic of the stamp in
    the upper right corner of page 1, so soon as I checked my emails this morning, there they were. I wasn't planning on checking the e-form site for another week or two. After I sent them I saw them under the pending tab, now they are on the approved list on the E-form site. If you didn't get the e-mail reply, under your forms on the ATF E-file site click on "view" for the line for the finalized form 1, then download the PDF. I save a couple digital copies and print out a couple physical copies for my range bags.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    The complete 6 page form 1 PDFs were attached to E-mails, pic of the stamp in
    the upper right corner of page 1, so soon as I checked my emails this morning, there they were. I wasn't planning on checking the e-form site for another week or two. After I sent them I saw them under the pending tab, now they are on the approved list on the E-form site. If you didn't get the e-mail reply, under your forms on the ATF E-file site click on "view" for the line for the finalized form 1, then download the PDF. I save a couple digital copies and print out a couple physical copies for my range bags.

Thanks-
    I received an e-mail last Sunday that the status changed to "submitted in process" but... that wasn't really a change so I checked the e-file sit under my account and under the approved file --it said the form 1 was "finalized" on 6-20. But the only form attached just reads "submitted" without the ATF approval block signed and no Tax Stamp posted. So...confused I called the NFA number and spoke with a lady that said the Form 1 was indeed approved on 6-20. She told me they simply forgot to post the PDFs and to send an e-mail to the "ask the experts" tab. I did that---twicw. So far no reply. looks like another phone call is in order?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom