• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    It opened yesterday. They're only selling ammo currently, but are well stocked. The prices on the boxes are old and high. Look for updated prices on placards above the boxes, which are comparable to pricing that one sees at other stores.

They start selling firearms on July 11. They had a healthy inventory of MD compliant AR-15 rifles by a local boutique manufacturer (can't remember the name), a few SCAR carbines (-16 and -17), a variety of tactical shotguns, and an assortment of handguns currently. The owner says that this inventory is updating daily as they receive new firearms from distributors. I saw Glocks, Walthers, S&W, and other handguns. These are on the wall and behind the counter so it wasn't easy to see pricing.

During their soft opening, they're only letting in one family at a time. They are also checking IDs of those who enter. This makes it difficult to stop in and browse because of the wait. They are not restricting numbers in the store due to COVID, but mostly to keep an eye on things while they ramp up. Shop is run by a retired MoCo law enforcement officer and if I understood correctly, his daughters, one of whom has posted in the thread. They said they want to move to a club model for their sales, although entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1).

Friendly bulldog in the shop. Forgot to ask about reloading components, but didn't see any in the display cases.

"checking an ID" What the F, do they think they are Costco or Sams Club?

"move to a club model?" What the F is this REI. I love the stuff at REI I just don't want them to keep trying to get me to spend $20 for a membership.

"entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1)." What the F is this a strip club?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "checking an ID" What the F, do they think they are Costco or Sams Club?

"move to a club model?" What the F is this REI. I love the stuff at REI I just don't want them to keep trying to get me to spend $20 for a membership.

"entering the club would only entail a nominal fee (like $1)." What the F is this a strip club?

With Costco I know they are going to have particular things I want at a great price so am happy to pay the membership. For a gun shop? Nope.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Was just at Advance Auto in Urbana and a guy was just talking about how they tried to ID him. He laughed and walked out.

He said he's telling all his friends not to even bother.

May 28, 2021
    Good evening to this crazy chat!
    to start i thought the left wingers were bad but this is something else... give us a break as a new shop. As many know I am the tall blonde outside asking for ID's, trying to keep myself safe and put guns into safe hands. Thanks to those who have respected me outside as many chose not to. BIG thanks to those who had my back while being verbally attacked by anti gun nuts or simply over your ID. Safety and ethics comes first before profit.
    All this talk about ID is hilarious. We are a members only store. We have had a lot of anti gun people coming in to create drama. We are pro second amendment, we are issuing FREE membership cards. We have to know our clients and what they are interested in. Once issued a membership card you never have to show ID again, we are trying to keep those out who just want to waste time telling us guns are bad,etc. Anti gun extremist exist and we are meeting many being close to villages. Away from all the drama... the grand opening will be opening SUNDAY THE 11th at noon.
    over 100 guns in stock, over 750k rounds of ammo. I hope this clears some things up for you members and makes you think twice about giving your ID at a bar/gas station for cigarettes / beer...
    Thank you so much to those who have supported us and continue to do so. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and I look forward to meeting more enthusiastic people.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    hmmm

to start i thought the left wingers were bad but this is something else... give us a break as a new shop. As many know I am the tall blonde outside asking for ID's, trying to keep myself safe and put guns into safe hands. Thanks to those who have respected me outside as many chose not to. BIG thanks to those who had my back while being verbally attacked by anti gun nuts or simply over your ID. Safety and ethics comes first before profit.
    All this talk about ID is hilarious. We are a members only store. We have had a lot of anti gun people coming in to create drama. We are pro second amendment, we are issuing FREE membership cards. We have to know our clients and what they are interested in. Once issued a membership card you never have to show ID again, we are trying to keep those out who just want to waste time telling us guns are bad,etc. Anti gun extremist exist and we are meeting many being close to villages. Away from all the drama... the grand opening will be opening SUNDAY THE 11th at noon.
    over 100 guns in stock, over 750k rounds of ammo. I hope this clears some things up for you members and makes you think twice about giving your ID at a bar/gas station for cigarettes / beer...
    Thank you so much to those who have supported us and continue to do so. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend and I look forward to meeting more enthusiastic people.

I get it. Bad but less bad.. Also, Cigs a bad comparison. one is enumerated right and one is whatever. People here have said do what you do, even if they will not go there and show just to enter. You said members only so more of a club.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD

I’m kinda confused by all this. Showing ID, to keep out the anti’s? Why would they care, if you know their ID’s? I don’t show my ID to the butcher, so he knows I’m not a vegan.

Anyways, kinda odd.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Sounds like fun times. You can always head this way for a good meal and drinks at Wilcoms...then races.

Might be fun! No need to stop at the gun store. My inventory at home is better than theirs by 50%, but I only have 20% of the ammo. I can skip the membership. I don’t like showing my ID to anyone who doesn’t need to see it.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Might be fun! No need to stop at the gun store. My inventory at home is better than theirs by 50%, but I only have 20% of the ammo. I can skip the membership. I don’t like showing my ID to anyone who doesn’t need to see it.

I'm right there with you. Food and booze is good for me too.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County

Attachments

• ID_card_frosh.jpg
      ID_card_frosh.jpg
      41.5 KB · Views: 408

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Went in on Thursday to check it out. Nobody asked me for ID. Ammo prices are somewhat reasonable given it is brick and mortar store. Owner and daughter are nice, the dogs are a trip too.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Seems to me if someone enters a store and causes a ruckus they can be asked to leave or the police can come and take them out. Not sure how a driver's license shows who's safe or not and who's an anti-gun loon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom