• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    ATF Cashed my check yesterday; submitted 6/18. Besides more waiting, what is next?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    ATF Cashed my check yesterday; submitted 6/18. Besides more waiting, what is next?

Your FFL calling you when they get your stamp from the ATF in 5-12 months. Seems more stuff has been finishing in 5-7 months than longer lately. But who knows on the stuff that was submitted the last month or so.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've always used a credit card. No waiting for "cashed check" reports. They really have little to do with the waiting length.

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    The SilencerShop will batch send items to the ATF. So if you order from and buy the stamp them, pay with a credit card, you are paying them, not the ATF. The SS sends a check with your payment along with 100 others.
    I remember when 41F went into affect. The silencer shop physically delivered a van full of F4’s to the ATF. It was said that it was something like 10k forms.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The SilencerShop will batch send items to the ATF. So if you order from and buy the stamp them, pay with a credit card, you are paying them, not the ATF. The SS sends a check with your payment along with 100 others.
    I remember when 41F went into affect. The silencer shop physically delivered a van full of F4’s to the ATF. It was said that it was something like 10k forms.

As far as the SS was concerned, the only thing I paid attention to was the form 3 notices.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Yankee Hill Machine Resonator R2 - Cindy's Hot Shot had it in stock and better price than the couple of other places I went. They have a lot in stock actually.

That's a good suppressor. YHM makes good stuff. I bought the first generation Nitro, which is longer and not as adjustable as the current Nitro N20 model. I think you'll be happy with the can, but if you have several rifles, the QD mounts can get expensive if you buy 4-5 of these mounts.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've always used a credit card. No waiting for "cashed check" reports. They really have little to do with the waiting length.

I used a credit card. When the card was cancelled because of a fraudulent transation it set me back months.

Recently used a check; cashed within a week. (The bank posts the checks online in my acct info, so I see it within a day or so.) I'd been worried that there might have been insufficient cash in the account, as it fluctuates considerably, but this time it was no problem.

Hoping for a 6-7 month wait for the stamp, but I've not been lucky in past.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I used a credit card. When the card was cancelled because of a fraudulent transation it set me back months.

Recently used a check; cashed within a week. (The bank posts the checks online in my acct info, so I see it within a day or so.) I'd been worried that there might have been insufficient cash in the account, as it fluctuates considerably, but this time it was no problem.

Hoping for a 6-7 month wait for the stamp, but I've not been lucky in past.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is, "Check Cashed" is absolutely meaningless. It has little to no bearing on wait time.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I guess the point I'm trying to make is, "Check Cashed" is absolutely meaningless. It has little to no bearing on wait time.

Got it.

My point had to do with ATF problems attendant unto the payment process.

I'm sure my application was buried in the stack through no fault of my own. And keeping an extra few hundred bucks in the account can sometimes be problematic, though I'll cop to the fault on that one.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I’ve always found it rather amusing at how fast they can cash those checks, vs how long they take to approve applications.
    I found it interesting that they cashed my check on 12/26/20. A Federal agency was working on the Saturday of Christmas weekend? Very surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom