• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_mds

Oct 11, 2020
    Ceciltucky
    I’ve bought at J&K in Aberdeen, and Tactical Shepherd and Benchtop Gunsmithing in Cecil county. Great experiences at all 3...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forrest

MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2013
    good place!

I go to AM Shooting in Damascus located at 26121 Ridge Rd. The owners, Alex and Michael, are great guys to deal with and the prices are very reasonable. They take the time to stop and talk to you even if you are just looking. Very personable. If you are even in or around Upper MoCo stop by and check them out!

halsem

Dec 18, 2017
    My vote is for Gunrunners in Frederick. Primarily a one person operation, always a good selection of C&R as well as modern firearms. Very fair and reasonable prices.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    My vote is for Gunrunners in Frederick. Primarily a one person operation, always a good selection of C&R as well as modern firearms. Very fair and reasonable prices.

I'll second this, Bob is straight up and easy to work with.:thumbsup:

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I'll second this, Bob is straight up and easy to work with.:thumbsup:

Thirded. Bob is a great guy, super knowledgeable, his prices are generally reasonable and he doesn't get offended if you try to haggle a bit.

United's always great, so's Engage, 2A Sales & Supplies was my go-to pre-covid, MD Elite's great, I thought Scott's was fine the one time I visited, and I haven't seen anyone mention the Gun Shack in Mt. Airy yet! Or what about Bollinger's in Taneytown?

Worst... Yeah, I'm gonna have to say On Target. Arundel Firearms & Pawn is a lot better now that the grumpy jackass who used to work there is gone. Gotta admit, still kinda miffed with Duffy's, though; they sold a real nice Type 99 to an in-store customer out from under me on Gunbroker, after telling me I couldn't just come in and do the same. :P

Also, I'll just put this out there: I totally get where the dislike of the Gun Center is coming from, but I can say from experience that once you're a regular they're a lot more friendly. The owner does have a gruff way about him, but I think that's just how he is, not anything personal; I found if you ask enough questions, he opens up to you.

rossiski

Dec 28, 2019
    Carroll County
    MD elite is fantastic. They are very helpful and normally have a great inventory. Also they can order just about anything.

Benny

Feb 20, 2019
    I’ve had great experiences at United Gun Shop, Engage Armament, and Atlantic Guns. I would recommend any of these shops. Given the extremely unfriendly 2A climate (even by Maryland standards) in Montgomery County, we are very fortunate to have three excellent options in Rockville.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Also, I'll just put this out there: I totally get where the dislike of the Gun Center is coming from, but I can say from experience that once you're a regular they're a lot more friendly. The owner does have a gruff way about him, but I think that's just how he is, not anything personal; I found if you ask enough questions, he opens up to you.

Maybe you should do a search of the forum back in 2013 and see the shady shit (borderline theft) they tried to pull on buyers. You'll rethink your patronage of The Gun Center in Frederick real fast. They burned their bridge with us in 2013.

Honestly, you shouldn't have to be a regular to be treated with decent customer service. It should be done automatically to everybody, whether they are a regular or first time buyer.

TGC and Fox's Firearms are forever blacklisted on MDS for the crap they either tried to pull on the forum or on the community.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Maybe you should do a search of the forum back in 2013 and see the shady shit (borderline theft) they tried to pull on buyers. You'll rethink your patronage of The Gun Center in Frederick real fast. They burned their bridge with us in 2013.

Honestly, you shouldn't have to be a regular to be treated with decent customer service. It should be done automatically to everybody, whether they are a regular or first time buyer.

TGC and Fox's Firearms are forever blacklisted on MDS for the crap they either tried to pull on the forum or on the community.

Mm, clearly some stuff happened before I joined MDS. However, I judge based on my personal experience, and not what someone tells me to think; that policy has served me well in my lifetime.

Now, I will agree with you about the red-canine-who-shall-not-be-named; I purposefully avoid their booth at shows anymore because I'm tired of getting bitched at by a know-nothing know-it-all. It's a shame, too, because the guys who work under that individual have generally treated me with courtesy and respect.

I just realized, I forgot to mention Skeeter's over in Smithsburg. Nice little hole-in-the-wall shop, plus Skeeter helped me with my first handgun purchase. :)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm piqued now . Between my wide ranging personal experience , and the commentary of my fellow MDS'ers , Potomac Traders is a new one to me .

Location , general description , speciality if any ? Are they recent or been around a while ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom