• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Got an interesting and troubling email recently from Ozark Armament. Thought I would share.

"Recently the ATF changed their opinion about how they classify iron sights. Of course, they have not publicly communicated this change of opinion.

Somehow, they are now classifying iron sights as an “internal component or part” of a firearm, rather than an accessory. Based on this change in classification, they are now requiring specific licensing when shipping & transporting large quantities of iron sights.

Due to this, a large shipment of our products has recently been seized as we did not have said licensing with our shipment because of course, how would anyone know this. We have been shipping tens of thousands of our iron sights for years without issue.

Beyond this, they’re also now asking us to send previously cleared shipments of other products such as scopes back to them for further inspection. We'll have the pleasure of paying them to do so.

We’re not standing idly by. We want our shipment back & what we believe is unjust harassment to end. We are in the process of finding the right attorney, with the right expertise who hates actions like these from the ATF & Customs as much as we do.

If you have any recommendations for attorneys with relevant experience, we are all ears.

We appreciate your business & look forward to continuing to serve you while we work through this.

Best Regards,

Ozark Armament Team"

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    When bump stocks were banned it was "doesn't affect me " and the "slippery slope argument is BS" then the arm brace, now this,, bet everyone wishes they had fought back earlier! The slope is covered with ASTRO glide!

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    When bump stocks were banned it was "doesn't affect me " and the "slippery slope argument is BS" then the arm brace, now this,, bet everyone wishes they had fought back earlier! The slope is covered with ASTRO glide!

Sadly, this :sad20:

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

Exactly.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    THIS will finally stop those hundreds of murders a year in Chicago. Bravo.

Assholes.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I am curious if this is a real reclassification, or if this is just that they weren’t reporting it correctly. They mention customs and best guess is they were importing them from whomever they have making them for them (at a guess China) and they got caught up in customs.

Or even if it wasn’t a reclassification and it’s just customs being D-bags. My limited experience here is it is just as likely the company doesn’t actually know what’s going on when it involves customs + other government agencies.

Anyway, my understanding is iron sights were generally considered firearms parts as it applied to import and export restrictions as they are generally integral to the firearm. I’ve certainly seen several sites state such for export controls. Maybe they are just pulling that out of their butt.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Just kidding; I knew he would chime in very early in the thread.
    Sadly, I have never done anything to stand up for our rights. (A dozen trips to Analpolis and multiple testimonies in front of the state senate don't count. I never did any REAL things to protect our rights.)

For most folks, what else can they do other than the things you have already done? I wouldn’t beat yourself up.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    No one is fighting back..never going to happen

A lawyer once told me, " You can fight the government but, you are paying their lawyers and me. When you win, they will appeal and you will be paying their lawyers and me. If you live long enough to get through all their appeals and win, you will probably be dead." Something to think about and quite probably true.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    A lawyer once told me, " You can fight the government but, you are paying their lawyers and me. When you win, they will appeal and you will be paying their lawyers and me. If you live long enough to get through all their appeals and win, you will probably be dead." Something to think about and quite probably true.

Dick Heller looks alive to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom