• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Ok guys, took my first step. I leapt on those two AAC Pilot 2s which United put up the other day. Figured for the price it was time to get started.

Completed Silencershop paperwork today, now we wait for the check to clear.

Check was cashed 6/22 per their email. Now I wait.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Form 1 e-file completed and submitted 5-16-21, Approved on 6-20-21-- HOWEVER---

Clerical error by the ATF as they didn't attach the approved Form 1 to the approval e-mail or add it to my on-line account. So 2 unanswered e-mails to the "ask the experts" tab and 2 phone calls later I finally was able to speak to a supervisor (after firmly but politiely questioning the govie on the other end of the line as to why he wanted me to continue to write e-mails to a proven unresponsive entity) who fixed the issue in less than 5 minutes. Helluva way to pop your Form 1 cherry.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Form 1 e-file completed and submitted 5-16-21, Approved on 6-20-21-- HOWEVER---

Clerical error by the ATF as they didn't attach the approved Form 1 to the approval e-mail or add it to my on-line account. So 2 unanswered e-mails to the "ask the experts" tab and 2 phone calls later I finally was able to speak to a supervisor (after firmly but politiely questioning the govie on the other end of the line as to why he wanted me to continue to write e-mails to a proven unresponsive entity) who fixed the issue in less than 5 minutes. Helluva way to pop your Form 1 cherry.

awesome:thumbsup: Some people call their congress folk if they have issues, usually year + waiting times, sometimes it helps, but probably not often. Pretty cool you managed to get it handled with a supervisor.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    awesome:thumbsup: Some people call their congress folk if they have issues, usually year + waiting times, sometimes it helps, but probably not often. Pretty cool you managed to get it handled with a supervisor.

Yes-- I consider myself quite fortunate...although that's not the right answer. I wasn't a dick to "Sam"... just kept asking him why he insisted I write yet another e-mail and to please tell me that there was somebody at ATF that could help me after I wrote the requisite number of e-mail requests for them to finally let me talk to a human who had the ability to fix the simple problem of providing a new e-mail with the approval signature and stamp fixed. I think he just got tired of me not hanging up--:sad20:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Form 4 for my Turbo K mailed today (6/29) by Silencershop. The long wait begins! Been out of the game for almost a year now.

Short of a deep-discount Gemtech Integra 5.56 upper coming available, this is probably my last can.

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    Check update. So, after two months the check on my last suppressor finally cleared. Mailed May 4th. Cleared June 29. Oh boy, hope this is not an omen as to how long my can will take to get approved.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    2nd can; individual. credit card hit 12/22/20, LGS called to say the stamp was done two days ago, so just a hair over six months.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Form 4 for my Turbo K mailed today (6/29) by Silencershop. The long wait begins! Been out of the game for almost a year now.

Short of a deep-discount Gemtech Integra 5.56 upper coming available, this is probably my last can.

Uh huh....

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm saying it again.

You. Got. A. Delay. On. The. Background. Check.

It'll take about 5 months to clear.

Calm down, and just forget about it for a while. They actually have only ever taken 25-35 days for my eForm 1 submissions, except for when I got delayed on the background check.

Ok - well I must be double secret probation delayed cause it's been 5 months and still nada.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Form 4 trust paperwork submitted 3/11/2020.

Informed 6/1/2021 that ATF needed (had lost, presumably) a signed Responsible Person form and photo.

Approved 6/16/2021

Stamp rec'd at dealer 7/8/2021.

16 months, more or less. Next time I'm skipping the trust. I can always transfer to the trust later, for an additional 200 bucks, but I'll have the use of the cans in the meantime.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Silencer Shop

Submitted Form 4 (Individual): 9/11/2020
    Cashed: 9/24/2020
    Approved: 6/2/2021
    Picked up: 6/12/2021

Attachments

• IMG_5872.jpg
      IMG_5872.jpg
      117.4 KB · Views: 283

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ugh. I do have to complain for a minute about SS though. They've been great to work with and fast in the past. Well I ordered a Rugged Obsidian 45 a couple of months ago now. They were fairly fast shipping it and the check getting cashed by the ATF. I ordered a 1/2x28 piston and fixed barrel spacer. Both listed as in stock. Yeah, they waited more than 2 months now to ship them to me. In that time, the piston went out of stock. So I am only getting the barrel spacer. Now, I am sure I've got 4+ months till I can take possession of the can so they'll probably get the piston back in stock and ship it by then, but I've never seen them be this ridiculously slow in shipping in the past. Usually if it is in stock, they ship in just a couple to a few days. So pretty annoyed.

Edit: *SMH* and 24hrs after SS says it is out of stock, SS is now saying "hey, we are shipping it to you now". This is what happens when interns drop things and they roll under couches.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom