• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Hellooooo Commonwealth!!!

Like I said the to OP, email the non-res email and ask about your status, especially if it's been so long.

Good suggestion. I emailed them last night and this afternoon received this reply:

"Due to the tremendous volume of nonresident permit applications received and in process, a status check is not available at this time.

Please contact us by email if you have not received your permit within the next four weeks."

BUT, today was my lucky day, because a letter containing my VA CHP arrived in the mail!!! Just when I was starting to get worried. Good thing it's good for 5 years!

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Good suggestion. I emailed them last night and this afternoon received this reply:

"Due to the tremendous volume of nonresident permit applications received and in process, a status check is not available at this time.

Please contact us by email if you have not received your permit within the next four weeks."

BUT, today was my lucky day, because a letter containing my VA CHP arrived in the mail!!! Just when I was starting to get worried. Good thing it's good for 5 years!

Now we know to put in a for a renewal 6months before our expiration.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I submitted my Virginia Non Resident Concealed Handgun Permit application in person at the VA State Police Barracks in Richmond Oct 22nd 2012. I then received my confirmation of receipt in the mail stating they had begin processing my application on Oct 31st 2012. Its been 3 months now that they have been working on my application. In their receipt letter to me they stated the wait time was 8-12 weeks. Emailed them on week eight to check in and they replied that wait time is 8-12 week. I figured id give it till week 13 to call and ask.

Is there anyone else out there who has applied for a non VA resident permit? What was your wait time?

I submitted on Jan 24. Maybe I'll get it for my birthday in April!

Last edited:

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Well today I mailed off the renewal for both Va and Fl non res, as well as Az and Me non res. So let the clock begin ticking. And if the clock should run out at least I have Utah.

Last edited:

Loader

Jan 5, 2013
    I received a letter on 2/7/13 from VA processing that states that my payment was received and that it will be 3-4 months.

I submitted for FLA when I did VA, and haven't heard from that at all.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    I received a letter on 2/7/13 from VA processing that states that my payment was received and that it will be 3-4 months.

I submitted for FLA when I did VA, and haven't heard from that at all.

FL has a number you can call that is on the part of the application that you did not return.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    I sent my paperwork in on Feb. 5th. Will someone contact me to let me know it was received and if so when should I expect to hear from them?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I sent my paperwork in on Feb. 5th. Will someone contact me to let me know it was received and if so when should I expect to hear from them?

I received a note starring they cashed my check sometime within 10 days of sending the application. The letter stated 10-12 weeks to complete processing; I received mine back right at the end of that timeframe.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    Thanks MJD. They no longer take checks. Only money orders or cashiers checks.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    Where do you start to get a VA CCP? I ahve Fla one. Just would like one from VA also.
    Is there a thread on here?

start by requesting an application packet here:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_NonresidentConcealed.shtm

They have a checklist to follow. Be sure to get your fingerprint card signed by the LEO doing it. I forgot that the first time I submitted the app and they sent it back to me with a post-it arrow pointing to the blank box.

Loader

Jan 5, 2013

Sent mine in on Jan 24, received letter back on Feb 7.

Bono

Jan 8, 2013
    Question. If I get my CCW in Virginia isn't it illegal for me to transport it there per Maryland's laws?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom