• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Hello all,

I have been to this forum (and many others) a number of times in search of information, reviews and opinions and decided it was time to join some conversations instead of just observing them. This is my first time joining a forum of any kind. I decided to join MDShooters because from what I have found you seem to have the most knowledgeable and helpful members of any shooting/firearm related forum I have come across. I have been shooting with other people many times but just made my first 3 personal firearm purchases in the last year and will surely be making many more in the future. I look forward contributing as well as learning from all of your experience and expertise.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    The first was a Maverick 88 20" 12 guage, the second was and HK USP 45 (love this pistol), and the third was a S&W M&P 15 sport. The M&P was bought as an entry level AR to see if I liked the AR platform, now I am looking forward to building my own if I can ever find the parts lol.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    Thanks TSmith, I will check those out. I had come up with the following baseline build assuming cash was no object and parts were available. This is certainly open to change depending on factors Im sure we are all aware of. I had chosen the following based on price/quality and my intended uses, not neccessarily "name brand". I am still learning the AR so again this may change quite a bit but here goes. Please feel free to provide suggestions and opinions:

Upper:
    BCM BFH 14.5" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ Daniel Defense LITE 12" Quad Rail
    Spikes Tactical Nickel Boron HPT/MPI M16 Bolt Carrier Group (5.56)
    BCMGUNFIGHTER Charging Handle (5.56mm/.223) w/ Mod 4 (MEDIUM) Latch
    TROY Tritium Folding Battle Sight Front with HK style housing
    TROY Tritium Folding Battle Sight Rear
    TROY AR-15/M16 MODULAR COMBAT GRIP
    Upper Total:

Lower:
    Noveske N4 stripped forged lower receiver (Gen2)
    Lower Kit - Spike's Tactical Standard Parts Kit
    Lower Kit - Spike's Tactical Carbine Buffer Assembly Kit (H2)
    Magpul STR™ Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec Model
    Magpul MOE® Grip – AR15/M16
    Yankee Hill Receiver End Plate Loop Sling Mount Adapter Ambidextrous

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    BTW...intended use would be a battle capable rifle I can just beat the hell out of and keep on shooting for many many years (SHTF, EOTWAWKI, zombies etc...), the M&P would probably become practice/range/parts rifle at that point. I am also looking to add a 9mm pistol, looking closely at an XDM 3.8 or a Glock 19 for that, but still open to suggestions and opinions on this as well.

toncapone1

Feb 12, 2013
    Maryland
    And I should have specefied the 14.5 middy upper would be pinned to meet the legal 16" requirement to make it a non NFA item, and I may even go with a 16" outright to save on the service of having the muzzle device installed...any opinions on this?

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom