• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    I like it but does that mean SWAT has to give up all their toys too?

SWAT teams that are units of police departments... seems that would fall under the police idea.....

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I can understand and appreciate the gesture. In the short run its a total failure. Gun grabbers don't like guns but want the police to be armed to the teeth.

mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    Not much thought for the police officer who has to risk his life against a criminal who will not follow laws and use any weapon they choose. Don't put officer's lives a risk just to make a statement. This is bill is just as stupid as the ones trying to restrict gun ownership.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Not much thought for the police officer who has to risk his life against a criminal who will not follow laws and use any weapon they choose. Don't put officer's lives a risk just to make a statement. This is bill is just as stupid as the ones trying to restrict gun ownership.

The violence of action for non-police officers is usually more intense because the victim is at the mercy of the criminal as to the time and place which a crime takes place. The police use the same tactics (time and place) when apprehending criminals and usually with multiple officers.

If anything the citizens have more of a need for high standard capacity magazines and semi-auto firearms than the police.

YMMV

RedViperinMD

Mar 20, 2011
    MoCo

Sorry to need to educate you, but a police officer's life is no more valuable than mine (or yours for that matter). Who do these police officers think they are, some important politician? :mad54:

mrb2217

Jan 3, 2013
    The Isle of Kent, QA, MD
    When a citizen attempts to take a persons freedom away on a daily basis then they will need semi autos more then the police. Be real, how many times have you encountered an armed criminal intent on injuring you or others because if it isn't everyday then most police officers have you beat. Your freedom to bare arms should not be infringed but an officer's safety shouldn't be put in the middle of the debate. Backup isn't always just around the corner and there are still places in this state where it can take 20 minutes for back up to get to you. You have every right to own a semi auto and high cap mags, that's not my issue, it's people's safety that worries me, officers and the citizens they protect.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

Then this state better not pass a law that would deny that officer the best tools of defense. It turns out they're the best tools of defense for your average law-abiding citizen too. Don't forget the heart of the 2A is a restriction on the government limiting the actions to infringe on the citizens right to keep and bear arms. It's not only to ensure citizens have tools of defense against well-armed criminals, but to ensure defense against a tyrannical govt. If restrictions are placed against citizens, the government MUST have those same restrictions against it to prevent further shifting the balance of power away from the people.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Considering the information that has come out on the use of SWAT teams, this move is long overdue.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    We are told that there ARE no criminals and that we do not NEED these things to defend ourselves - then cops dont NEED it either. Unlike me, they are even allowed to carry, I first have to go home to be able to protect myself. They are trained professonals they certainly would not need more than ten rounds to stop a threat.

I saw uniformed professionals testify against my right to self defense .... you sir are an idiot ... the police will come to take your guns once the dust is settled here.

When was the police EVER in time to help you .. they are there to record your demise

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom