• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    Committee hearing just ended. Pretty pissed. Muse is a *******. Went back on everything he said. AWB, Licensing, no mention of the mag limit yet but I'm sure that will be a go too. The kicker...NOTHING to address mental health was agreed upon. There is no hiding it now. This bill is a FULL-OUT gun-grab. Only person consistently on our side was Jacobs. Brochin held his own for somethings like taking G&S out but was for registration, so he's no friend to me. Want to say more but it won't be helpful. Blow these assholes up ESPECIALLY MUSE.

Also, Brochin tried to address the transport with regard to "assault weapons." Frosh wasn't having it. They claimed briefly that they would pick it up in the Senate. I SINCERELY doubt it.

NAUIdvr1

Jan 4, 2013
    Harford County
    Recap - Copied & Pasted

BILL FAVORABLE AS AMENDED as it now any further amendments from the floor

--------------------------------

SB-281 Amendments

Muse amendments:

1. change training from 8 hours to 4 hours
    2. change fee for license from $100 to $50

Frosh amendments:

1. some housekeeping amendments - ADOPTED
    2. changes copycat AW to two-feature instead of one feature - ADOPTED
    3. adds RR police to exceptions
    adds posession by FFLs as an allowed exception to AW posession
    excepts retired LE to receive an AW transferred by LE agency - ADOPTED
    4. no need to re-register AW's purchased as regulated firearms - ADOPTED
    5. licensed firearms manufacturer can continue to posses and transport AW's
    retired LE would not have to get a handgun qualification license or training
    exemption for training for firearm instructors - ADOPTED
    6. records check housekeeping (MSP would handle submission to repository) - ADOPTED
    7. clarifies how MSP would handle application, format etc.
    firearms instructors would not have to take training course
    renew requirement and fee $20 no-retraining, no re-firgerprinting - ADOPTED
    8. replacement process and fee $20 for lost or stolen cards AMENDED TO SHALL UNLESS
    OTHERWISE DISQUALIFIED - ADOPTED
    9. housekeeping
    adds 5.1.3.3(b) (c) takes out prohibition about ammo posession of minors (sort of) -
    ADOPTED
    10. mental health prohibitions for a firearms application re voluntary admissions adds 30
    day admission disqualifies you - ADOPTED (ZIRKIN AMENDMENT REMOVE 30 DAYS AND ADDING ADMISSION VIA AN EMERGENCY ROOM AND ADMITTED UNDER AN EMERGENCY PETITION FROM A HEALTH PROFESSIONAL UNDER 10-622 AND DETERMINED HAVE A MENTAL DISORDER AND TO BE A DANGER TO THEMSELVES OR OTHERS - AMENDMENT FAILED)
    11. mental health facility would be required to report to NICS - ADOPTED
    12. clean up of mental health professional registration requirement that was no longer valid - ADOPTED
    13. housekeeping about access to records for relief process - ADOPTED
    14. changes agency to report to nics to corrections instead of MSP - ADOPTED
    15. changes CCW training to 16 for initial, 8 hours for renewal - ADOPTED. (AMENDMENT FROM BROCHIN FOR SHALL ISSUE FAILED 5-6)
    16. shotguns and rifles have same mental health disqualification as regulated firearm -
    ADPOTED
    17. add exemptions to training for CCW for retired LE, retired military and certified
    firearms instructor - ADOPTED
    18. MSP can give a handgun qualification license if you get a CCW permit - ADOPTED

Brochin amendment:

1. add danger to self as disqualifying factor for mental health issues (suicidal) -
    WITHDRAWN (drafted to wrong section of law)

Frosh amendment:

19. gives MSP same authority to regulate firearms dealer as the ATF has (I assume they mean

revoke or suspend their Maryland regulated firearms dealer license, not their FFL) this was

SB266 adding this now to SB281 ADOPTED - (BROCHIN AMENDMENT - TO MAKE TIME LIMIT 48 HOURS -

ADOPTED) (SHANK AMENDMENT - MSP MAY INSPECT RECORDS WITH ADVANCE NOTICE - FAILED)

Brochin amendment:

2. handgun license expires in 10 years instead of 5 - ADOPTED

Jacobs amendment:

1. to make the license permanent - FAILED 5-6

Shank amendment:

1. to kill fingerprint requirement - FAILED 4-7

Getty amendment:

1. to add bay pilots to list of those exempted from purchasing AW's - FAILED 4-7

Jacobs amendment:

2. to kill licensing requirements - FAILED 5-6 (BROCHIN IN FAVOR)

Shank amendment:

1. excepts security contractors of US Govt from assault weapon ban - WITHDRAWN

Jacobs amendment:

3. repeals ballistic fingerprinting law - FAILED 5-5

Shank amendment:

2. removes live fire and marksmanship from the training requirements - FAILED 5-6

3. changes penalties for unregistered assault weapons to civil penalties (citing the problem

of deployed armed forces members) - WITHDRAWN

Jacobs amendment:

4. auxillary police officers exempted from the provisions of the bill - WITHDRAWN

Brochin amendment:

2. reduce fees to $25 for firearms license - FAILED 5-6

Jacobs amendment:

5. to remove antique firearms from the provisions of the bill - ADOPTED (I THINK)

Brochin amendment:

3. to kill license fees - FAILED

Shank amendment:

4. to specifically allow transport of legally possessed assault weapons - WITHDRAWN

Brochin amendment:

4. taking out random assault weapons whatever that is - FAILED 5-6

5. exempt armored car agencies from the provisions of the bill - FAILED 5-6

QuebecoisWolf

Ultimate Member
    May 14, 2008
    Anne Arundel
    It might not have been so excruciating if not for the laughter.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

"Stupid rednecks think they have a right to own an assault weapon! What is an assault weapon? Hell if I know, but it sure sounds scary!"

I think that I've always known that the Constitution wouldn't be shredded by some military coup - it would be drowned in the babbling of morons.

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    It wasn't about shutting it down. It was about delaying it for a floor vote to poke more and more holes in it. I was hoping at worse we would get hit with an AWB and mag restriction. But things like licensing got through scarily easy.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    So now we get to choose whether or not we want to be the generation that quietly gave freedom back to the monster our forefathers fought to cage.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    4. no need to re-register AW's purchased as regulated firearms - ADOPTED

??? :confused::confused::confused:

I guess that means they just mail us a bill. So what happens when you don't pay it? They come to collect? It's too bad all of my regulated weapons fell out of the boat last week. I'd love to play that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom