• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TwiceAZnice

Feb 24, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    Even if SB 281 passes, is there some clause in the Government (State or Federal) that gives citizens recourse of action when States decide to violate the 2nd Amendment? I mean, technically speaking, the State of Maryland is breaking Federal Law. Right?

I thought Federal Law supersedes State, sort of like when the State of California decriminalized Marijuana.

TwiceAZnice

Feb 24, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    Yes, it's called the Courts.

So State Courts would uphold Federal Law...? Is there anything wrong with this picture? It seems this scenario is a slippery slope.

Also, are there any State Prosecutors and Police Officers who realize that this bill is illegal, not to mention unconstitutional (contrary to the Bill of Rights). Scarier question, is - I wonder how many State Prosecutors and Police Officers would go along with this and enforce laws that are illegitimate and unconstitutional?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So State Courts would uphold Federal Law...? Is there anything wrong with this picture? It seems this scenario is a slippery slope.

Also, are there any State Prosecutors and Police Officers who realize that this bill is illegal, not to mention unconstitutional (contrary to the Bill of Rights). Scarier question, is - I wonder how many State Prosecutors and Police Officers would go along with this and enforce laws that are illegitimate and unconstitutional?

Police officers enforce the law, they don't write it. I wouldn't expect much mercy from an officer who finds you doing something in violation of the law. It is his/her job. The 2A has been incorporated against the States by McDonald. The State and Federal courts can rule on this.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA

The same ones that enforce illegitimate and unconstitutional laws now will support the new ones.

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    A lot of folks are assuming this thing is a done deal and have started contemplating their move to another state or how to get grandfathered.

That's understandable, but before you call a realtor, please check out the Senator's stance thread- we're losing 18-22, so we need to swing 2 votes and split the undecided: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=108161

Beretta is standing strong (in Senate president's home district) and we only need a hand full of swing votes to stop the bill. Keep your head up and keep emailing/calling and attend on March 1st. If they ram the thing home, we know we did our best. I know MDS members are tougher than this...

40-Cal-Polymer

Known Gunmen
    Jan 30, 2013
    A lot of folks are assuming this thing is a done deal and have started contemplating their move to another state or how to get grandfathered.

That's understandable, but before you call a realtor, please check out the Senator's stance thread- we're losing 18-22, so we need to swing 2 votes and split the undecided: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=108161

Beretta is standing strong (in Senate president's home district) and we only need a hand full of swing votes to stop the bill. Keep your head up and keep emailing/calling and attend on March 1st. If they ram the thing home, we know we did our best. I know MDS members are tougher than this...

Amen. This fight is FAAAAAAR from over guys. Hang tough. we have NOT lost yet.

dswanmd

Feb 23, 2010
    Two feature or not two feature they don't care ... this is just entrapment ... you say this a compensator or a choke they say it is a flash hider .... you "think" you are in compliance they KNOW you f'd up and it is just reason for them to take ALL your guns .... that is how it is going to happen.

Anybody here I hear saying, phewwww my stuff is good to go, or phewww don't need a license to own my pistols .... if you manage not to break the law one way or the other you will be bred out and your children will certainly have lost your temporary privileges.

This plus +1000 :thumbsup:

X1000

RustinRifle55

Feb 24, 2013
    St. James MD
    Sen. Chris Shank said the testimony of veterans on SB 281 was powerful. If you are a veteran or active duty military please say so when you call your rep or senator. He said even democrats cannot discount the testimony of a military person.

Ozzy

Jan 20, 2013
    Md
    To all of the gloom and doom proponents, I say this:

This is not the end. Quite to the contrary, this is just the beginning. To quote Patrick, "This is day one."

We knew that our chances of a successful SJC outcome were slim. We poured lots of energy into it because if we had pulled it off, it would have been a coup of the highest magnitude. There is still the Senate floor vote, and both House committee and House floor votes.

We're not done yet.

We're just getting started.

And we need to keep the pressure up. Let Annapolis know that we're not so easily cowed.

Here here! What is wrong with you guys this just means we have to fight harder if you have the attitude all is lost now i would hate to be in a fox hole with you!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    So clearly, flooding them with letters and filibustering the hearings didn't work. Where do we go from here? Pitchforks and torches outside their offices? Recall petitions? Lawsuits?

No, round one was with a stacked committee that had an agenda. Frossh has little fear of not being re-elected and can ignore us. When this goes to the senate floor, there are many senators who won their seats by hundreds of votes and not by thousands like Frossh. THEY are the ones that have to think carefully about THEIR political future. THESE are the ones we can make a difference with.

We did, for all the good it did. They've got these voting districts gerrymandered to hell. You couldn't get a man like Lollar elected if your life depended on it.

That's why it's important to let these guys know we will load up busses and campaign against them in their districts. We can't vote there, but we can knock on doors. Many of these guys can be damaged in their primaries.. Change parties and vote!

Welcome and go on the 1st and testify or pack the halls. We need as many as possible.
    Stay away from Lawyers Mall as it will filled with paid antis. Don't give up.
    Don't give the SOB's the satisfaction.

We left a lasting impression on Annapolis Feb 6th. We need to do it again on the 1st and 5th. They can not ignore numbers! One person can send a thousand emails that are easily ignored but one thousand people take up space and can't be ignored.

For starters, take a look at our voting record and the absolute filth we elect to office.

They have to be beat in the primaries. That's where we can make a difference.

How do we get the NRA involved here NOW in Md?

We can't wait for or hope somebody will do this for us. It's OUR fight. The NRA is focusing on the national front. The fight in Maryland is going to be won or lost by Marylanders. The next battle is going to be fought in Annapolis on the 1st of March.

Fight or turn in your weapons........

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom