• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This post below from the MSP Background thread refers to someone at MSP predicting background checks running 100 days by next month. Can anyone else confirm this statement ?

chappy444

just got off the phone with my FFL...filed 2/12 and was told at that time that it would be about 30 days. today is about 30 days so i called to see what he knew. he told be that it would probably be closer to 45 days or more (two more weeks) he said he is just now getting 2/1 stuff back. he also mentioned that the MSP told him that by april it will probably be over 100 days...

codefive

Jun 9, 2012
    How can that be? We all know the MAJORITY of Marylanders dont like guns, the newspaper says so. so where are all these people coming from? :rolleyes:

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    And yet somehow we're going to increase the paperwork burden on MSP and add mandatory firearms training at a range?

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    How can that be? We all know the MAJORITY of Marylanders dont like guns, the newspaper says so. so where are all these people coming from? :rolleyes:

I bought 3, my GF bought 1, friends I have introduced to shooting in the last few weeks another 5, another friend is saving for 1.

And I have another one sitting at the FFL waiting for March 28 when I can start my "7 day" :banghead: wait again.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i posted somewhere yesterday that i spoke to my ffl since i was at 28 days and he told me he got some of 1-30 back yesterday and it will be at least 2 or 3 more weeks for me and that they told him the wait will be getting longer.

bad for me since i am waiting on one and waiting on my cesignated collector and have another sitting and paid for that i cant send paperwork in on.

i just dont understand why if we are paying $10 per regulated firearm that they cant get more help in there. bigger back up seems to mean more money on there end. if they dont get more help its just gonna get worse.

Dirichlet

Jan 3, 2013
    I have at least four going in over the next two months... let's hope I can get the :thumbsup: from MSP before Oct 1 :sad20:

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    This is good news we need to totally break the system. it looks like we are doing it :thumbsup:

How is this good news? What about the person that ordered one handgun online. The FFL has it locked in a safe. The safe is clogged with other guns. If the system breaks, you can't send the gun back and you can't pick it up.

For the walk in customer guns have dried up. Online orders are backing up. So, if we are going to 100 days then all the guns purchased in January are still waiting to go through the system along with the few purchased by the single purchase customer who has no interest in trying to "break the system," as it were.

I find this attitude extremely disheartening. I have posted several times what I thought was going on. At least now someone is honest enough to brag about it.

Good luck for for the new folks joining the 2A fight once they get to this forum and get the straight news as to why they cannot get their single purchase.:innocent0

Lagmeister1950

Shooter since '61
    Feb 1, 2013
    And if we don't get the :thumbsup: before Oct 1, what does that mean? They can't hold us accountable because of clerical mis-management on their end, can they? Oh hell...

Obviously the MSP keep seeing the same names over and over again. I am surprised that they have even brought in extra help. Perhaps once the law is passed they will virtually stop processing. If people complain the answer will be that it is just a bunch of gun hoarders trying to get ahead of the law.

My one gun was put into the system the end of February. I am now beginning to doubt I will ever see it.

cdstraw

Oct 9, 2008
    Frederick County, MD
    And yet somehow we're going to increase the paperwork burden on MSP and add mandatory firearms training at a range?

Yes, we will. This is a great real time illustration to our legislators that their "common sense" legislation won't hold water in the real world. Only in an intellectual, legislative sense does it work. Actual processing and handling of paperwork is much more complicated than their belief.

As painful as this is, and I'm included in the wait for "not disapproved", this works to our benefit to show what is proposed is ridiculous.

My $.02

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    i just dont understand why if we are paying $10 per regulated firearm that they cant get more help in there.

It would eat into the profit margin. Labor is usually a business's biggest expense. :D

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    100 days!? That's over a quarter YEAR for a 7 day check.

It seems they keep back peddling. Apps that went in months ago that were told 25-30 days are now being told 45. Mine went in at the beginning of the month and I was told 45 days. I'm sure it will be more like 60-75 by the time I see my gun.

How does this get fixed and what's our course of action?

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Hey how about sending your complaints to your senators, reps and the AG?

I've done this more times than I can count (including phone calls). I mean can we do anything short term to speed this up. Something that doesn't equate to pissing in the wind.

You think frosh is going to lose any sleep over our complaints that it takes half a year to buy a regulated firearm?

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It would eat into the profit margin. Labor is usually a business's biggest expense. :D

who's profit margin? the state? they dont have enough sense to break even must less turn a profit. and they want us to do and pay more? if this is a prview of that we are truely screwed.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Of course this all just political theater, there is NO WAY THAT applications have increased over December and January. There is nothing to be bought, all local stores are emtpy with regulated stuff. This is just plain stall tactics by the MSP. Sorry there is absolutely no justification that the waiting time should increase anymore based on application load.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I've done this more times than I can count (including phone calls). I mean can we do anything short term to speed this up. Something that doesn't equate to pissing in the wind.

You think frosh is going to lose any sleep over our complaints that it takes half a year to buy a regulated firearm?

I doubt most will truly care, but it shows that what they already have in place doesn't work well and what they are going to add is going to make it worse. So it is basicially being a squeeky wheel. If we are bitching now and they add more bs for the MSP to do their life will just get worse, unless they turn off their computers and phones.

Frosh might lose sleep if he is your senator and you are an early bird and call him at home.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    How is this good news? What about the person that ordered one handgun online. The FFL has it locked in a safe. The safe is clogged with other guns. If the system breaks, you can't send the gun back and you can't pick it up.

For the walk in customer guns have dried up. Online orders are backing up. So, if we are going to 100 days then all the guns purchased in January are still waiting to go through the system along with the few purchased by the single purchase customer who has no interest in trying to "break the system," as it were.

I find this attitude extremely disheartening. I have posted several times what I thought was going on. At least now someone is honest enough to brag about it.

Good luck for for the new folks joining the 2A fight once they get to this forum and get the straight news as to why they cannot get their single purchase.:innocent0

I'm waiting on paperwork for 2 guns myself. This is the sort of thing that draws attention to our cause a 7 day wait now takes 100 days and the state wants to add more steps to a process they currently cannot handle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom