• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    FYI, if you are considering a Fort Knox, you've likely noticed that they are 1) expensive, and 2) super hard to get because everyone wants them. Well, one retailer has a few in stock at a price that is about the same as a Chinese safes.

http://www.ggstore.us/agstore/commerce.cgi?cart_id=&product=Handgun_Safes&pid=0092

(the company is legit...it looks odd because it is a sale sight. The actual company is www.agenglish.com )

Just a FYI...

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    FYI, if you are considering a Fort Knox, you've likely noticed that they are 1) expensive, and 2) super hard to get because everyone wants them. Well, one retailer has a few in stock at a price that is about the same as a Chinese safes.

http://www.ggstore.us/agstore/commerce.cgi?cart_id=&product=Handgun_Safes&pid=0092

(the company is legit...it looks odd because it is a sale sight. The actual company is www.agenglish.com )

Just a FYI...

****Bought one. Thanks for the link. I have one bolted down in my house already but needed another one for a more recent purchase.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    ****Bought one. Thanks for the link. I have one bolted down in my house already but needed another one for a more recent purchase.

I have one on the way that is my second as well. They are expensive, but my God they are great. Also, I become more-and-more convinced that trusting one's life to a Simplex lock is better than a cheap digital lock on the basis that every electronic item is essentially a stopwatch that ticks down until it eventually fails. And by Murphy's Law, it will fail when needed the most.

What did you do for bolting down? Did you go into concrete or wood, or a cable? I need to do this and I'm unsure of how to proceed for a balance of simple, removable, and secure. Part of me wants something easily movable so I can pick the whole safe up and put it in my bigger tool resistent safe when I am out, but that would probably mean a compromise on how well it can be secured to prevent someone walking off with it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What did you do for bolting down? Did you go into concrete or wood, or a cable? I need to do this and I'm unsure of how to proceed for a balance of simple, removable, and secure. Part of me wants something easily movable so I can pick the whole safe up and put it in my bigger tool resistent safe when I am out, but that would probably mean a compromise on how well it can be secured to prevent someone walking off with it.

****Mine is bolted down into wood, but hidden with a cover that is easily removed. My new safe when it comes in will be bolted down the same way somewhere else in my home - also hidden from direct view. I have a regular gun safe for my long arms and ammo but wanted to have easy access to something on each floor of my home. My regular long gun safe is bolted down into concrete, and not easily accessible so these pistol safes are perfect for easily locking up my range handguns when I get home without bothering with the big safe. Plus, the big safe is easy to see and so thieves will probably go for that first anyway - with enough time they will break into it of course - hopefully the cops get there soon enough as it is alarmed and recorded, etc.. Most of my valuable stuff isn't at the house anyway.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I've got mine. In the original box directly from Fort Knox themselves. They sent me an invoice and a thank you a few hours after it arrived (I assume they got a notification). They are an AD :)

Randy Wood

Jan 30, 2010
    Me, too. I'll sit tight until the end May. A.G. English said that they would contact those of us with backorders when the Pistol Boxes come in, and the price is certainly right... :)

Randy

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Damn...I was thinking about another as well for the front closet. I spent like a week looking for someone with the damned thing in stock lol

If someone hears when they are back in stock, please let me know!

ISBN

Oct 11, 2012
    Rockville
    Damn...I was thinking about another as well for the front closet. I spent like a week looking for someone with the damned thing in stock lol

If someone hears when they are back in stock, please let me know!

I got the same email that it is out of stock. The email states that they will check with me when they have more to see if I still want it. They will not ship it automatically without your ok. So you can order now and they'll ask you when they get more if you still want it. I wonder if they will keep this price since it is technically not a backorder.

KangarooDog

May 28, 2013
    This is a great deal! My dad has been keeping his pistols and important documents in this safe for the past 20 years, and the thing is solid! I ordered one last week, but they are out of stock again.... The new estimate is end of June.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom