• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Someone should point out for Sen. Raskin the rifle used to assassinate Pres. Kennedy. That thing is as bland looking as can be.

Here ya go, Oswald's Carcano:

CarcanoRifleNARA.gif

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Don't forget that an ugly Highpoint 9 carbine was used at Columbine, plus sawed off shotguns are pretty damn ugly too. I guess the Tec-9 made them do it.

VA Tech- Glocks are fugly as hell, yet that Glock 19 was his primary handgun. Sure the Walther may be cool looking, but did he even use it in the spree? Not as easy to find a bunch of p-22 mags, so I doubt he used it much if at all. Plus it's a .22, what kind of body count could you get with that if you are a mass shooter worth anything? (unless you are shooting up a school in Finland)

Fort Hood- OK, maybe Raskin is on to something, but frankly the FiveseveN IS kinda ugly looking. Must be the PS90 that Hassan really wanted to use, so let's blame FN in general, and the local trenchcoat company that was out of the right size that day.
    Oh wait, the PS90 doesn't have the extra evil pistol grip, just an ugly thumbhole. Well, maybe he really wanted to use an FAL... or maybe the caliber 5.7 x 28 is what is really evil here. Perhaps it makes muslims go Allah Snackbar.

Feb 28, 2013
    I emailed this bit from Raskin to Tom Marr this morning on WCBM, and ge read it on the air. Now a few hundred thousand more people know what an ass Raskin is.

spacer75

Amateur Rocket Scientist
    Jul 29, 2011
    And the oh-so-segzy-awesomesauce-cool Mini-14 was used in the 1986 Miami shootout with the FBI and the 2011 Norway attacks (amongst other things).

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    I called Raskin's office asking about the scary features. I basically told his hired help that he is an idiot and needs to get therapy.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Whitman used the ultra tacticool looking Remington 700. I believe it wasn't in one of those evil tumbling, flesh tearing, exploding military calibers though.

clay_shooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 27, 2011
    MoCo
    I kind of agree with Raskin though probably not his conclusion. People do pick a weapon based on a gut reaction, appearance or the way the item is marketed. It is easy to make a rotary or box magazine .223 that is just as accurate and deadly as the ar platform. It could even have rails and other customizable features. They don't seem to sell as well or get people pumped up like the military style AR.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I kind of agree with Raskin though probably not his conclusion. People do pick a weapon based on a gut reaction, appearance or the way the item is marketed. It is easy to make a rotary or box magazine .223 that is just as accurate and deadly as the ar platform. It could even have rails and other customizable features. They don't seem to sell as well or get people pumped up like the military style AR.
    I knew a guy once who after finding out I spent 10 years in the active duty Army, just kept asking me all about what it was like to be in the Army. I think he thought it was something different than it was - he seemed to think that it was this glamorous, movie-like experience with guns and brotherhood and all of that. The reality of course was that I was a trumpet player, and my reality had very little to do with combat arms. In fact, I carried an M-16 for exactly two time periods in 10 years in the military - basic training, and durring one FTX while I was at AIT at the School of Music. I only officially qualified with my M-16 once - basic training.

Bringing that back to this friend of mine though, he's the kind of guy who would buy an AR-15 simply due to the tacti-cool features because he's one of those guys who thinks he would like to be a soldier, yet has no real clue about what being a real soldier actually entails.....although for what it's worth, I was a trumpet player - I'm not positive what being a real soldier is like either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom