• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Ozark Defense Group has some defense ammo in stock...and at a fair price at that. They do a lot of ATK (Federal and Speer) and are beginning to do Hornady. They've got a lot of 124+p HST in 9mm, some 180gr .40 Hydra-Shok and Gold Dot in .40, and IIRC a little .45 left. I've done a lot of business with these guys and they are an absolute pleasure to work with. One of the owners told me they try to keep their prices as low as possible because they would prefer to make repeat customers rather than the Cheaper Than Dirt model of shafting once and never seeing the customer again...and as you can see, they aren't shafting on their prices despite being one of the few to have this ammo in stock. I just purchased a case of HST from them for literally less than half the price of some of these big box stores that have spiked their prices through the roof. Their shipping is very reasonable. I've purchased both cases and individual boxes and what they charge is literally the actual cost of shipping or less.

Like everywhere else, it's worth calling to make sure something is stock given how quickly it disappears. The only difference here from other places is that if you call, an actual person with knowledge about their product will pick up and phone and physically say "hello" and talk to you rather than an automated answering service or someone without a clue.

So as a FYI...

http://www.ammunitiononlinesales.com/

edit: they WILL SHIP to the places listed restricted on their website. The restrictions applies to firearms and NOT ammo. If you are in DC, it is probably worth contacting first.

Last edited:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    They won't ship to MoCo. Oh well. :sad20:

I'd try explaining State preemption to them, like I tried with iAmmo.com, but I'll just have to shop elsewhere.

Looks interesting for the rest of ya, though...

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    They won't ship to MoCo. Oh well. :sad20:

I'd try explaining State preemption to them, like I tried with iAmmo.com, but I'll just have to shop elsewhere.

Looks interesting for the rest of ya, though...

I'm in Howard if you need a shipping address PM me.

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I actually don't need any SD ammo except in .38/.357 currently, looking for 165gr ball in .40 mostly. But these guys have on their home page:

**No sales to: Canada, NYC, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Reno (NV), Annapolis (MD),Montgomery County (MD) and the following CA counties: Marin, Napa, Ventura, and Yolo. You must be 21 or older to purchase handgun ammo. You must provide a photocopy/scan/fax of a federal or state ID.

Which is where I got the idea they wouldn't sell to MoCo. I also don't like sending people copies of my driver's license when there are so many places that don't demand it...

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I'm in MOCO and just ordered a few boxes. Web site accepted my order, so I'm assuming all is well.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    I actually don't need any SD ammo except in .38/.357 currently, looking for 165gr ball in .40 mostly. But these guys have on their home page:

**No sales to: Canada, NYC, Los Angeles, Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Washington DC, Chicago, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Reno (NV), Annapolis (MD),Montgomery County (MD) and the following CA counties: Marin, Napa, Ventura, and Yolo. You must be 21 or older to purchase handgun ammo. You must provide a photocopy/scan/fax of a federal or state ID.

Which is where I got the idea they wouldn't sell to MoCo. I also don't like sending people copies of my driver's license when there are so many places that don't demand it...

I just spoke to the owner. It applies to firearms sales only (not sure why it doesn't say that). I did not even realize the DL disclaimer was there...I've not sent them my DL in any of our transactions so I assume that is for firearms as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Speer is $30.99 for 50 rounds 115gr. GDHP, Federal HST is $27.98-$32.55 for 50 rounds, various types.

Thanks.
    For some reason I didn't have enough common sense to try and click on the "shop" button. :o

That looks like a good source.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    When I read they didn't ship ammo to MoCo, I paused for a second and had a 'wait a minute' moment...I live in MoCo... I sent the owners, Mark and Jason, a email letting him know I made a post recommending them and mentioned how ammo can be shipped to MoCo. They called me, thanked me for getting their name out there, and explained they will ship ammo to MoCo and that the listing is because they plan to start doing guns shortly. They are a small company right now and the amount of stock they can order isn't huge, but their prices are a lot lower than the big box stores...and the big box stores are paying a lot less. The case I got for them for around $590 shipped was recently on Lucky Gunner for about $900, and on another website for almost $1,300...so I give any company that is still selling high demand ammo for fair prices mad props and I hope others give them business given they clearly aren't shafting...I mean, we NEED more retailers like that and they WANT repeat customers!!! (I'm planning to send them an email on the IP for the forum given it's a great partnership where retailers can get a ton of business).

If anyone is really anal like me, I like having my cases shipped inside another box so that the ammo boxes aren't messed up and I can store it in the original cardboard box the 20 50-rd boxes come from the factory. They will gladly do this for anyone if requested and they ship the products well so you dont get boxes that have the edges crushed (this drives me insane). As noted previously, it's worth calling before buying given how crazy the market is to ensure stock is in. If it isn't, they will contact you when they get it in...I told them the HST I wanted, they said they would contact me once they get it, and a month later they called me and left a voicemail saying that they had it in stock and they were not listing it on the website until they heard from me...they were the only retailer who did this...and I really like retailers who follow through on their word.

They plan to start doing a lot of Hornady as well as the progressively expand...especially the Critical Defense. I really don't know much about the round as virtually all my JHPs are HST, Hi-Shok, Gold Dot, or Ranger, but I've been meaning to look into it as it seems the Critical Defense is pretty competitively priced. Anyone have much experience with it? Do they even make range ammo?

CSS

Nov 30, 2012
    Looks like their site took a shit. Nowhere to enter cc info or finalize checkout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom