• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SqueezeFirst

Mar 26, 2013
    Harco
    I am looking to build my first AR (I bought an m&p 15 a month ago and am addicted). I have been having a hell of a time finding a decently priced lower. I would prefer it in FDE. Anyone have any recommendations?

chuckgregory

Feb 14, 2010
    on the block
    You'll get off cheaper if you can find an inexpensive lower (JG sales has one for $130 in stock right now) and paint it later. You might be able to buy 2 black lowers and paint for the price of a pre-painted lower.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i'd talk to member Bravo757, he seems to know his stuff about ar lowers.

some folks will understand that, the rest will think i'm serious.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'm looking at the same one. Does anyone know of the quality of the Palmetto state armory lower?

They're a good cost-effective aluminum lower, I've built off 3 of them now, and while it's not a high-end lower like a Noveske or the like, they do exactly what they're meant to do. Fit and finish is on-par to better than expected for the price point.

armed ferret - I do my best... ;)

ZX672

Feb 21, 2010
    Olney
    I have built a PSA lower. It went together well with a PSA lpk. Only flaw was that older pmags were tight in the magwell.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Haven't had that issue with Gen 1 and Gen 2 PMags myself, but my mags are WELL used.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    i only have experience with one single example, but the PSA LPK i installed on a superior arms lower was pretty disappointing. i have to REALLY put some effort on the front takedown pin to get it to move, EITHER direction, and the magazine release is really quite sticky as well. i'm sure both will wear in over time, and the front takedown isn't a very big issue, but the mag release definitely needs to be replaced.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I just got done building a out a custom billet lower with a PSA LPK minus the fire control group. Everything went together perfect and operates perfect. Couldn't really ask for a better fit.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Although I prefer Aero Precision lowers I scored 2 PSA ones yesterday. Usually they are not in stock when I check. I'm buying them just in case plus I am building a suppressor friendly 14.5" upper right now for my 3-gun lower which is the only lower I have right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom