Why do they have more rights than we do!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ineoin

Feb 25, 2013
    I just received a letter outlining that piece of garbage that is called SB281 from Delegate Kelly Schultz. The outline is excellent but in it for the banned rifles, mag capacity and handgun license active and retired law enforcement offices are exempt as well as active military are. Really since when does anybody have more rights than someone else. This is yet another way to turn us against ourselves. No one has more rights than anyone else this is such garbage!

I had to rant, it makes me want to throw up.http://www.mdshooters.com/images/smilies/mad54.gif

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I just received a letter outlining that piece of garbage that is called SB281 from Delegate Kelly Schultz. The outline is excellent but in it for the banned rifles, mag capacity and handgun license active and retired law enforcement offices are exempt as well as active military are. Really since when does anybody have more rights than someone else. This is yet another way to turn us against ourselves. No one has more rights than anyone else this is such garbage!

I had to rant, it makes me want to throw up.http://www.mdshooters.com/images/smilies/mad54.gif

Not 100% correct. Only if they were sold their issue pieces (unlikely) by the LE agency.

Yes they are exempt from HQL.training but so are you if you legally possess a regulated firearm.

It's still a POS though!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Doesn't matter. What this bill does is make some people more equal than others. That is not right. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law. If I believed otherwise, I would not be an MSI member. I already have a MD CCW. WTF should I fight for yours?

ineoin

Feb 25, 2013
    Doesn't matter. What this bill does is make some people more equal than others. That is not right. Everyone should be equal in the eyes of the law. If I believed otherwise, I would not be an MSI member. I already have a MD CCW. WTF should I fight for yours?

I can dig it. I am also a member of MSI. I appreciate all everybody does in the fight! I had to vent the whole thing p#^%&#es me off. I do not have a CCW but I feel all should have access to them. I am a competitive shooter, have been for years.

Thanks to all you guys for your resposes.

TACAV

Aug 6, 2008
    Not 100% correct. Only if they were sold their issue pieces (unlikely) by the LE agency.

Yes they are exempt from HQL.training but so are you if you legally possess a regulated firearm.

It's still a POS though!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much, I know of a total of Zero agencies that transfer department patrol rifles to indivdual officers upon retirement.

It is just more crap thrown in there by politiians so they can say they added exemptions. (albeit for crap that doesn't exist)

In regard to the pistol licensing, LE are exempt from the training qualification aspect because MD LEOs already have the much more stingent MPCTC training under COMAR law, (and that training is minimally 40 hours and at least 1,200 rounds with 4 qualifying scored courses of fire with mininimal scores that have to achieved) vs the few hour course or whatever it is that SB281 requires for everyone.

But they are only exempt from the training aspect not the licensing part. So they have to go pay the same fees and fingerprints (even though they are already in the system anyways) just like anyone else.

and yes this bill is a POS. and the Fraternal Order of Police was publically against it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom