• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    First, I am not pursuing this, because I just recieved a warning. Let it go, I will. But I need to know.

I did not see departmental identifiers on the Ford Expedition. I was in Carroll County, Liberty Road @ Hemlock. I ran the red light. The ticket reads, "Baltimore Police Department, Officer Phillips, Patapsco Region'. It was not a city badge, and it was not a county badge, it was not a trooper badge. He was not wearing green fatigues (DNR). It was not Sykesville Police or Carroll County Sherriff either. The badge also said, "Baltimore", that's all I could see.

What other depts have policing/patrolling duties, that it could have been?

Again, I am dropping it, it was just a warning, just morbid curiosity. (I know, it killed the cat, I know) Help me get to know my local Police Depts, will ya?

I am not making a case of it. The officer was quite polite and friendly. (Maybe it was the NRA garb on my spy vehicle). I just gotta know. Help out would ya?

Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but if you were in Carroll County, I didn't think anyone but that county or State Police could pull you over.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    I love you guys. Responses on tap. Anyway, Carroll County Sherriff is slowly pushing out the Troopers. i.e. beefing staff, more vehicles, etc. Y? Couldn't say. But it's always been either, or, and sometimes they will team up with Sykesville City Police, they are a very small department, and it's quite a quiet region, still, less to do, for ha-ha's, you know. Gold badge, first and top left word, "Baltimore". Bigger than the trooper's badge. I do not get it....

side note, OOHH! I just graduated from 'Junior Member', to "Member". YAY ME!

Last edited:

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    This took some doin, but....

Attachments

• IMG_20130502_163202.jpg
      IMG_20130502_163202.jpg
      8.7 KB · Views: 570
    • IMG_20130502_163234.jpg
      IMG_20130502_163234.jpg
      9 KB · Views: 580
    • IMG_20130502_163239.jpg
      IMG_20130502_163239.jpg
      8.4 KB · Views: 573

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Looks like a BPD(city police) form, could be why you got a warning, probably couldn't write a ticket, although where certain departments can and can't write tickets is confusing at best.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Wasn't mta police, yes they can write if a traffic infraction occurs in an officers presence. Your warning is is from a baltimore city police dept book.chances are you either got pulled over by a impersonator who got hold of a lost/missing warning/contact book. The book is serialized (number in the right top corner) and was probably issued to a specific officer.

RoKKboXXer

Feb 27, 2013
    Catonsville
    I would follow up with CC police about that. I know its just a warning, but something doesn't seem right with that. Baltimore city ticket in CC, but didn't produce a baltimore city badge. No markings on the expedition as well? Could be someone pretending to be an officer, maybe? There have been a few people busted in the metro area for that same reason recently. If it was an impersonator, you looking into the matter could stop this person in the future from doing more nefarious acts.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    Not a problem, just curious if it had not been a warning, would you fight a ticket you know you were at fault for?[/QUOTE]

I guess most do to avoid points. I had a violation years back, went to court, pled guilty with an explanation, got PBJ, and paid just court costs.

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    Possibly, who knows ? Those warning books/citizen contact books don't hold any weight vs. a moving citation book or parking book . Was your information written on the warning

namelessname120

Jul 6, 2011
    If your really skeptical, next time you go into the city, stop by central district or call the number on the ticket and see it the serial numbers on the warning are assigned to a specific officer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom