SungJunKim

R.I.P.
    Dec 25, 2009
    4c4cfc1bdc5c0.image.jpg

Help out any?

wheelgun

Feb 23, 2009
    Hi all,
    I live five minutes from that intersection. Up against the watershed area. While there are several different types of cops running around our area, I'd definitely figure out who gave you the warning. Because if it was an impostor, he now has a good bit of your personal info. In particular, your driver license number. Which I'm sure would come in handy for identity theft. Let us know, as I'm curious who the latest "Barney Fife" is. There are so many different "agencies" nowadays, I don't think anyone can keep track. I'd bet that's not by accident.:tinfoil:

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Would I fight a guilty ticket? Fight? no. I do beg for the court's mercy tho, to reduce fines and points. The officer did say there are no points on my record, "let's keep it that way". prolly a lil professional courtesy. But, my thoughts are going either way on this. He had info, he was professional, everything by the "book", but I just dont get why it Says Baltimore Police Department. Aren't city cruisers marked Baltimore "CITY" Police Department? and, I have never seen a Ford Expo Cruiser. ???

Come to think of it, His ballistic vest was worn outer, so maybe he did have green fatigues. But, isnt that a bit far from "watershed" acreage?

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    SUNGJUNKIM, the badge does look right....?

Rokkboxxer, Isn't that a bit far away? The intersection is right there on ths write up. Rt 26 @ Hemlock. West end exit of Carrolltowne Mall. (I use the term 'mall' loosely here)

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    A quick google of the phone numbers for each district shows that none of them match the ones on the back of the ticket.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Trbo6, I see that all the time. BCPD is one of my clients. There contact numbers on Google and what not are NO good. But, it does certtainly add to my level of skepticism...

I am SO CONFUSED. I have a friend with direct BCPD experience, he may know.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Maybe I'm an idiot, but if you were in Carroll County, I didn't think anyone but that county or State Police could pull you over.

Wouldn't be the first time someone impersonated the police. The warning could be a clue. I don't think I ever heard of a warning for running a red light. Speeding yes, red lights no. The LEO'S for the most part consider running a red light serious.

OP, is there any phone number on the ticket? I would call and ask whoever answers the phone? If there is no phone number I would call the MSP and ask them the same question you asked us.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Used to be with unmarked cars you could hit your flashers, move to the right, and call 911, and they would confirm, then you safely pull over, might be a good practice to reestablish.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not a problem, just curious if it had not been a warning, would you fight a ticket you know you were at fault for?

If this was actually a ticket with a fine and points, the officer was out of his/her jurisdiction. Neither Baltimore City nor Baltimore County have jurisdiction to write tickets for offenses in any jurisdiction other than their own. So, if he was in Carroll County, a Baltimore City officer could not write him a valid ticket for running a red light. Neither could a Baltimore County officer. It would be akin to Virginia State Police writing tickets in Maryland.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just finished reading the entire thread. Now, I am really wondering which police department it was, if any. Also wondering it it was an imposter. Don't forget that if it was an imposter, he now has your date of birth, address, etc. Previous post only mentioned driver's license number.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Wasn't mta police, yes they can write if a traffic infraction occurs in an officers presence.

actually, one little quibble, they can't. MTA police only have jurisdiction on MTA property unless in fresh pursuit, under request from chief leo of another jurisdiction, or under special order from the governor (Trans Article 7-207)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Mta police would be my guess.

I don't think they can do anything in Caroll Co.

I don't think the MTA police can do anything anywhere except if it has to do with a buss or train or a buss or train stop. But I do not think if they were driving from one MTA stop location to another MTA stop location, (like the light rail stations) they have the the right to give anyone a ticket for running a red light.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Merlin... awfully brazen! He initiated the stop in broad daylight, with many drivers in full view.
    I had a friend that would do the same thing untill one day he pulled over a real LEO. Brazen, YES. Will these guys do it, All the time! The guy I knew that did it often had a badge he got from somewhere that looked very real. He had some small car and would pull up next to whoever did something he wanted to give them a hard time about as if he was a LEO. He never had anything the looked like a ticket, he would just walk up to the drives sitting in the cars and tell them about why he pulled them over and for them not to do it again. Yes, this guy was crazy. But it happen all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom