• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Yes, it is stupid. But, because I DO NOT know everything, and sometimes I'm surprised, I'm gonna ask.

Has anyone ever heard of a temporary CCW or LTCF permit issued in the State of PA?

I could really use mine on this case I'm working. Very dangerous, and proven mentally unstable Subject. 24 hour surveillance.

Any thoughts forum?

And please, try to keep the useless ridicule to a minimum. I am an idiot, but amazingly self aware. :o

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Yes, it is stupid. But, because I DO NOT know everything, and sometimes I'm surprised, I'm gonna ask.

Has anyone ever heard of a temporary CCW or LTCF permit issued in the State of PA?

I could really use mine on this case I'm working. Very dangerous, and proven mentally unstable Subject. 24 hour surveillance.

Any thoughts forum?

And please, try to keep the useless ridicule to a minimum. I am an idiot, but amazingly self aware. :o

Do you have a MD permit? You can't get a PA non-resident unless you have one on your home State. If you do have one, I understand PA will issue you one in about 20 minutes.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Do you have a MD permit? You can't get a PA non-resident unless you have one on your home State. If you do have one, I understand PA will issue you one in about 20 minutes.

I would think this is correct. PA does provide to the issuance of a temp LTCF (45 days) but I see no exclusion of the normal licensing requirements. In fact, the temp LTCF is arguable harder to get than the 'normal' one as it requires evidence of imminent danger, something the regular application does not require.

Do you have a license/permit from any other state? If so, you are permitted to transport a loaded firearm in your vehicle, and to open carry, but you could not carry in Philly (IIRC), or conceal-carry.

Link: http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/II/G/61/A/6109/licenses/

(m.1) Temporary emergency licenses.--

(i) Evidence of imminent danger to the person or the person's minor child. For purposes of this subparagraph, the term "minor" shall have the same meaning as provided in 1 Pa.C.S. § 1991 (relating to definitions). (ii) A sworn affidavit that contains the information required on an application for a license to carry a firearm and attesting that the person is 21 years of age or older, is not prohibited from owning firearms under section 6105 (relating to persons not to possess, use, manufacture, control, sell or transfer firearms) or any other Federal or State law and is not currently subject to a protection from abuse order or a protection order issued by a court of another state. (iii) In addition to the provisions of subsection (h), a temporary emergency license fee established by the Commissioner of the Pennsylvania State Police for an amount that does not exceed the actual cost of conducting the criminal background check or $10, whichever is less. (iv) An application for a license to carry a firearm on the form prescribed pursuant to subsection (c). (2) Upon receipt of the items required under paragraph (1), the sheriff immediately shall conduct a criminal history, juvenile delinquency and mental health record check of the applicant pursuant to section 6105. Immediately upon receipt of the results of the records check, the sheriff shall review the information and shall determine whether the applicant meets the criteria set forth in this subsection. If the sheriff determines that the applicant has met all of the criteria, the sheriff shall immediately issue the applicant a temporary emergency license to carry a concealed firearm. (3) If the sheriff refuses to issue a temporary emergency license, the sheriff shall specify the grounds for the denial in a written notice to the applicant. The applicant may appeal the denial or challenge criminal records check results that were the basis of the denial, if applicable, in the same manner as a denial of a license to carry a firearm under this section. (4) A temporary emergency license issued under this subsection shall be valid for 45 days and may not be renewed. A person who has been issued a temporary emergency license under this subsection shall not be issued another temporary emergency license unless at least five years have expired since the issuance of the prior temporary emergency license. During the 45 days the temporary emergency license is valid, the sheriff shall conduct an additional investigation of the person for the purposes of determining whether the person may be issued a license pursuant to this section. If, during the course of this investigation, the sheriff discovers any information that would have prohibited the issuance of a license pursuant to this section, the sheriff shall be authorized to revoke the temporary emergency license as provided in subsection (i). (5) The temporary emergency license issued pursuant to this section shall be consistent with the form prescribed in subsection (e)(3), (4) and (5). In addition to the information provided in those paragraphs, the temporary emergency license shall be clearly marked "Temporary." (6) A person who holds a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall have the same rights to carry a firearm as a person issued a license to carry a firearm under this section. A licensee under this subsection shall be subject to all other duties, restrictions and penalties under this section, including revocation pursuant to subsection (i). (7) A sheriff who issues a temporary emergency license to carry a firearm shall retain, for the entire period during which the temporary emergency license is in effect, the evidence of imminent danger that the applicant submitted to the sheriff that was the basis for the license, or a copy of the evidence, as appropriate. (8) A person applying for a temporary emergency license shall complete the application required pursuant to subsection (c) and shall provide at the time of application the information required in paragraph (1). (9) Prior to the expiration of a temporary emergency license, if the sheriff has determined pursuant to investigation that the person issued a temporary emergency license is not disqualified and if the temporary emergency license has not been revoked pursuant to subsection (i), the sheriff shall issue a license pursuant to this section that is effective for the balance of the five-year period from the date of the issuance of the temporary emergency license. Records and all other information, duties and obligations regarding such licenses shall be applicable as otherwise provided in this section. (10) As used in this subsection, the term "evidence of imminent danger" means: (i) a written document prepared by the Attorney General, a district attorney, a chief law enforcement officer, judicial officer or their designees describing the facts that give a person reasonable cause to fear a criminal attack upon the person or the person's minor child. For the purposes of this subparagraph, the term "chief law enforcement officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 8951 (relating to definitions) and "judicial officer" shall have the same meaning as provided in 42 Pa.C.S. § 102 (relating to definitions). (ii) a police report.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Do you have a license/permit from any other state? If so, you are permitted to transport a loaded firearm in your vehicle, and to open carry, but you could not carry in Philly (IIRC), or conceal-carry.

I have a Utah permit (in addition to my MD permit). Never heard that I CAN'T conceal carry in PA.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    I know (via my Utah permit) that I can carry in PA. What I'm saying is that I am unaware of NOT being able to conceal it, and am restricted to OC only.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I have a Utah permit (in addition to my MD permit). Never heard that I CAN'T conceal carry in PA.

True. PA has reciprocity with several States.

I know (via my Utah permit) that I can carry in PA. What I'm saying is that I am unaware of NOT being able to conceal it, and am restricted to OC only.

You are right.

My apologies. I can see how incredibly misleading my post was. :o

Yes you guys are correct, with a reciprocal permit you can do everything in PA that you can do with a PA LTCF except be exempt from the Federal GFSZ.

What I wanted to say was that the OP still had options even with a permit from a non-reciprocal state, which would permit him to transport and then OC.

Thanks for keeping me honest! ;)

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    I figgered. It would just be a lot safer for my team. And on some local bmore cases. Think what its like sitting in cherry freakin hill.

I haven't had the cash for a ccw app. Or the class. I even doubt my job would be enough G&S.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    I figgered. It would just be a lot safer for my team. And on some local bmore cases. Think what its like sitting in cherry freakin hill.

I haven't had the cash for a ccw app. Or the class. I even doubt my job would be enough G&S.

Although it wouldn't help in the short term, say the next 2 months, but a Utah permit would work for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom