• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Widener's has Yugo SKS' for $395. They are advertised as "Like Unissued". I just got mine today and it is absolutely gorgeous! The condition cannot be overstated.

Be aware, however, that the grenade launcher adapter and the threaded end of the barrel have been removed and factory finished with a nice crown. Apparently, this was done prior to importing in order to sell them in California.

If you are looking to pick up a really nice SKS before October 1st, I recommend checking Widener's out.

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Widener's has Yugo SKS' for $395. They are advertised as "Like Unissued". I just got mine today and it is absolutely gorgeous! The condition cannot be overstated.

Be aware, however, that the grenade launcher adapter and the threaded end of the barrel have been removed and factory finished with a nice crown. Apparently, this was done prior to importing in order to sell them in California.

If you are looking to pick up a really nice SKS before October 1st, I recommend checking Widener's out.

Let's see some Pictures.

:needpics:

that is pretty cruddy... IMO

Why do you say this? They are not original/as-issued firearms and don't have much collector's value.
    I just noticed they finally indicated- "Type 59 Not original style, Yugo SKS 7.62x39 rifles." This was recently added to their listing. Yellowsled pointed out that they are not collector's firearms. IMO, if one wants a shooter, go for it. Just don't buy one thinking you are actually getting a curio or relic.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I got one of these about 6 months ago. It is definitely in outstanding condition, and looks unissued. However, the wood, is rather rough compared to "unissued" examples from a few years ago. Rough as in the wood looks to have been minimally finished, and could use an hour of sanding to smooth the surface out. (something I am unwilling to do)

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    So, I just disassembled and cleaned it. There are absolutely no wear marks anywhere and the barrel is like a mirror. I do not think it has ever been fired. The follower in the mag has no indication of ever holding ammo. The bluing is spotless.

While it may not be collectable as an original design, one could say that there is history in how it had to be modified to sell in Cali. The importer is PW Arms.

I did get it as a shooter since it'll be banned on 10/1 and I wanted to add to my collection. I will post pics as soon as I can.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    SKS banned? Did I miss something?

I'm trying to find where I read it. Certainly, an SKS with a detachable magazine is banned already. (Correction: the SKS with detachable mag is on the regulated firearms list and will be banned.). Heaven forbid it has a "flash hider" or pistol grip.

Last edited:

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    OP stop all that typing and snap some photos. :) Upload to photobucket and paste the img code and don't forget to resize them before uploading or they will be too big for the page.

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Gotta ask another question. Can you get a 5-round non-detachable magazine for the SKS should you want to hunt with it? If not, then it'll be tough complying with the "spirit of the law" no matter how illogical it is.

Oh, wait....being logical or making sense is not a requirement. What ever happened to the "reasonable man" test?

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Sure can!

Go hit up ebay.ca or order a git up google and search for a Canadian compliant magazine. They are fixed magazines that are permanatly "pinned" to only allow only 5 rounds in the Mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom