Do I have a Felony or Misdemeanor on my record?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CR4203

Dec 2, 2013
    I have researched Maryland laws on the matter of CR.4.203 CJIS Code:1 5212MO/PLL on my record stemming from 11/10/2003. Official Maryland law references indicate that I have a Misdemeanor and not a Felony on my record. I have no other convictions before or after 11/10/2003. Some question/answer websites I have referenced claim CR.4.203 CJIS Code:1 5212MO/PLL is actually a felony. I need a definitive answer.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    You could always search your name on the Maryland Judiciary Case Search web site......

Swaged

May 30, 2011
    North of North Laurel
    Do I have a Felony or Misdemeanor on my record? I need a definitive answer.

Asked on a firearms forum, is this the real question?

If asking - Having a conviction of CR.4.203, can I ever legally posess a firearm in the U.S. again? The answer is a short NO.

Unless of course you were to get an expungement.

Court records are not automatically expunged. To remove these records, you may file a petition for expungement with the court if:
    • You were convicted of only one non-violent criminal act and you were granted a full and unconditional pardon by the Governor.

Copied from a previous thread--

CR.4.203 Penalty: up to 3 years in prison on first offense.

Federal law: Conviction of any state misdemeanor punishable (NOT actually punished, but could be punished) by more than 2 years in jail results in a lifetime federal firearms disability of all firearms. 18 U.S.C. 921(a)(20), and 18 U.S.C. 922.

Continued possession of any firearm after such conviction means 10 years in federal prison. 18 U.S.C 924(a)(2).

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Md CR 4-203:

(c) (1) A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to the penalties provided in this subsection.
    (2) If the person has not previously been convicted under this section, § 4–204 of this subtitle, or § 4–101 or § 4–102 of this title:
    (i) except as provided in item (ii) of this paragraph, the person is subject to imprisonment for not less than 30 days and not exceeding 3 years or a fine of not less than $250 and not exceeding $2,500 or both; or

Looks like you are SOL regarding firearms possession.

What amazes me about this forum is how many people have legal issues that they want definitive answers to over the internet for free. There is a saying regarding this "You get what you pay for."

OP, you really should go and consult an attorney regarding your options as they pertain to firearm possession/purchase. Without knowing all the particulars, it is very hard for anybody on an internet forum to give you any advice, and then Lord only knows if the advice is right or wrong from the the people on the internet. Not saying that what has been said in this thread isn't right, but lately I have been seeing some pretty bad legal answers from some people that I do not think are attorneys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom