• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lilmike1464

Oct 12, 2013
    Baltimore City, MD
    With the mod. choke that comes with it, I can get a group of a little less then 3". No too bad for 50 yards away

Mauro

Feb 3, 2013
    I have a gen 1 MKA and I have never had problems with it. That's running slugs and shot.
    At some point I would like to ship it to tooth and nail and get it tricked out.

kc317

Southern Maryland
    Sep 17, 2012
    I've had mine for a little more than a year. As the manufacturer suggests, you should run some high power loads to break it in. I had several misfeeds and stove pipes with bird shot at first. No problems now.

It comes with one 2.75" magazine and one 3". Accurate with slugs, right out of the box.

Disassembly is a little cumbersome. You need a long socket to remove the butt. Owner's manual explains the process. There are also several good YouTube videos.

Overall, I'm happy with the MKA-1919

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Necrothread....

They've had a few iterations of these, now- they are up to the MK1919 Match Pro (they claim they have fixed all of the known issues.) I'm thinking about getting one for shooting open class for 3 gun. Have they gotten any more reliable? Will accessories for the Match fit the Pro?

PRO_portfolio.jpg

Looks like I could just slide the front sight off, put an Aimpoint on there, put a few hundred rounds of buckshot through for break in, and be good to go.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    My LEO teammate on my 3man/3gun team had one built I think by Firebird but not sure. Someguy in VA anyway who is known for it. Out the door with all the correct mods and fixes for 3-gun is something like $1800 (and that includes the price of the gun). Includes 1 10 rd mag plus the 5 rd ones that come with the gun. His worked flawlessly in the York 3man/3gun in 2014.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My LEO teammate on my 3man/3gun team had one built I think by Firebird but not sure. Someguy in VA anyway who is known for it. Out the door with all the correct mods and fixes for 3-gun is something like $1800 (and that includes the price of the gun). Includes 1 10 rd mag plus the 5 rd ones that come with the gun. His worked flawlessly in the York 3man/3gun in 2014.

Thanks, good to know. :thumbsup:

It sounds like Firebird, and Tooth and Nail have gotten massaging these guns down to a science. I think I'm going to pick up a Match Pro, shoot it for a while, see how it runs, and make necessary changes from there.

I was waiting for someone to make a "real" AR 12 gauge, but it doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. Rhino Arms announced a 12 gauge upper at 2014 Shot Show to a lot or fanfare, but apparently could never perfect the mags.

[YT]qS3G5MzwDsQ[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom