• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    SHOOTERS X GRADE Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagants @ AIM Surplus.

Pretty solid deal for a shooter. Not sure how "beat" these puppies will be but a nice price.

I'm about to pull the trigger(no pun intended) for the intention for a Archangel build...the thought of a magazine is too tempting ;)

should I roll with this deal or is there anywhere local that may be cheaper?

Shipping comes out to be $19.58. So a total of about $100ish...

------------
    EDIT:
    some fine print in buying- "These Rifles are being sold as is at a reduced price, sorry NO RETURN PRIVILEGES." via Aim

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    SHOOTERS X GRADE Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagants @ AIM Surplus.

Pretty solid deal for a shooter. Not sure how "beat" these puppies will be but a nice price.

I'm about to pull the trigger(no pun intended) for the intention for a Archangel build...the thought of a magazine is too tempting ;)

should I roll with this deal or is there anywhere local that may be cheaper?

Shipping comes out to be $19.58. So a total of about $100ish...

------------
    EDIT:
    some fine print in buying- "These Rifles are being sold as is at a reduced price, sorry NO RETURN PRIVILEGES." via Aim

Good luck on your build, Bubba!:D

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    you won't find them cheaper.

Also, just for the record, I don't know why this is, but some of the best shooting mosins I have have frosted bores.

If I had my way all my bores would be mint, but all I know is that the only guns I felt justified bubbaing had dark bores, and those I tapped for scopes, a couple have been 1 MOA rifles after bedding with acraglas. As long as the rifling is strong, a little minor pitting will not hurt your accuracy. Just make sure to get the salts out of there to keep the rust from coming back or getting worse!

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Who else ordered one (or more) of these? If they turn out to be good rifles, then $99 shipped to your door is an amazing deal.

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    you won't find them cheaper.

Also, just for the record, I don't know why this is, but some of the best shooting mosins I have have frosted bores.

If I had my way all my bores would be mint, but all I know is that the only guns I felt justified bubbaing had dark bores, and those I tapped for scopes, a couple have been 1 MOA rifles after bedding with acraglas. As long as the rifling is strong, a little minor pitting will not hurt your accuracy. Just make sure to get the salts out of there to keep the rust from coming back or getting worse!

funny you say that. I fire all of mine after I clean them up and out of the first 6 or 7, the two that shoot the best have bores that make me cringe. The Rifling is very good, but they dont look so hot otherwise

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Got my $80 shooter in the mail today. Standard 1943 Izhevsk in a post war stock. When I opened it up the bore looked like total crap, but after a few patches it's actually very good. The stock is in beautiful shape and the numbers are all stamped matching. The only rough parts are the metal. The receiver is very worn and the bolt has some pitting on it, but nothing major. It looks like the metal was never refinished at all. To me it's nothing but character. It also came with a bayonet, which I was very happy to find actually slides on and off the barrel with little effort. Most require a rubber mallet. I think this is the best $99 I've spent in a while.

vhcrnE2.jpg

QtP5oJ2.jpg

DVuChja.jpg

dapefley

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hughesville MD
    Dave.. Very nice. I just got mine as well. I am more than pleased, although I would have liked a Tula, as that is what was marked on the box, but I am happy. No pitting on mine that is noticeable, the floor plate is stamped matching, and the bayonet does not match. However, the gun itself is a 1942, four digit serial number, which I thought was kind of cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom