Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > National 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:50 AM #1

"They're not going to take your guns"

I'm annoyed. More and more I see this meme creeping up that's pretty obviously designed to discredit gun owners and pro-2A as paranoid morons. It goes something like this:

"Relax, they're not going to take your guns away." Sometimes it's accompanied by, "We just want you to use them responsibly," or the like.

Does anyone have any idea where this came from? I remember it popping up from time to time WHILE Feinstein was pushing the federal gun bans, and I'm seeing it more and more now.

Is this an anti-gun group, the Democratic party rhetoric (which I ignore mostly, along with most Republican party rhetoric ), or just a positive feedback loop within the uninformed sheep living in caves (with internet access, I guess).

Why are people lying and pretending so publicly and obviously? None of this is meant to be rhetorical. Does anyone know the source?
Venge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 09:57 AM #2

Some of it is naive people, some of it is disinformation intentionally spread.

Fortunately, in the last two years, Democrats have proposed confiscation bills which ruin their argument.
MDFF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:04 AM #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprimr1 View Post
Some of it is naive people, some of it is disinformation intentionally spread.

Fortunately, in the last two years, Democrats have proposed confiscation bills which ruin their argument.

Most of it is simply that people can't accept the current political climate. They refuse to believe that our leaders violate laws and the Constitution on a daily basis. But most importantly, they don't know/understand the Constitution to begin with.

"Above all we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - President Ronald Reagan
TxAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
Most of it is simply that people can't accept the current political climate. They refuse to believe that our leaders violate laws and the Constitution on a daily basis. But most importantly, they don't know/understand the Constitution to begin with.
True. For a long time, pro gun people have called wolf on every single legislation.

But now, we have some real evidence.
MDFF2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:22 AM #5
Banned

Banned

How can you segway the conversation from "We're not going to take you guns" equals "We're not going to let you buy any new guns" which is in fact a "taking."
Not_an_outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
How can you segway the conversation from "We're not going to take you guns" equals "We're not going to let you buy any new guns" which is in fact a "taking."

Bingo. That's exactly what happened in England.

And CA is trying the same thing. How many pistol companies have already said they are discontinuing business with residents of the state.

"Above all we must realize that no arsenal or no weapon in the arsenals of the world is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women." - President Ronald Reagan
TxAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 10:54 AM #7
Lil Firecracker

Lil Firecracker

The best part is when they have the audacity to say they believe in the second amendment while they blatantly are violating it by having no idea what the heck "infringe" actually means.
ShallNotInfringe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:13 AM #8
I stand with John Locke.

I stand with John Locke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
If you like your health insurance you can keep your... oh..

Tell them you are not that stupid and wish them well with the death panels....

New motto for Baltimore contest winner???

Baltimore : It's not as f..ked as you think....

Liberty is NOT a loophole.

Thanks for a great slogan...now window stickers.
Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2014, 11:15 AM #9