~Maryland Shooters Forum Knife: Benchmade Griptilian AXIS —NEWEST THREAD w/ UPDATES!—

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If we did the forum knife with the listed models & prices, will you participate???

• YES---I would like 1 (ONE) Mini-Griptilian (model 556)

Votes: 51 44.3%
    • YES---I would like 2 (TWO) Mini-Griptilians (model 556)

Votes: 4 3.5%
    • YES---I would like 3 or more (THREE & +) Mini-Griptilians (model 556)

Votes: 1 0.9%
    • YES---I would like 1 (ONE) Full-Sized Griptilian (model 551)

Votes: 60 52.2%
    • YES---I would like 2 (TWO) Full-Sized Griptilians (model 551)

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • YES---I would like 3 or more (THREE & +) Full-Sized Griptilians (model 551)

• NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife with the proposed models/options

• NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife with the proposed prices

Votes: 2 1.7%
    • NO---I am NOT interested in a forum knife AT ALL (not interested regardless of the details)

Votes: 3 2.6%
    • UNDECIDED---I am not sure

Votes: 8 7.0%
    • OTHER---Please Specify

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I checked other. I can't spare the cash right now. If another run is made at some point in the future I may be interested.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I think I am in for 1-551 and 1-556 preferably tan w/black blades. One is a gift, that is why I say "I think" I am trying to figure out what the gif-tee already has. Either way, I am in for two.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    Moving this to the Group Buy section might bring some traffic which might not frequent the Edged Weapon section or use the new posts function... Or at least a post (and in the Water Cooler) there pointing here... just an idea.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm in. Not sure which size but I'm digging the tan grip black blade.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Thanks for taking this on NicZack! Dunno how you did it, but those prices are even cheaper than I paid for my current Mini-Barrage! I'm in for a full sized Griptillian. OD Green scales w/a black blade preferred.

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Based on how fast the responses are adding up, I dare say this is going to work! :D

I may not have said this well in my first post and want to note...color/configuration will have to be consistent in order to get these prices...if we start doing multiple configurations, the price will go up and the entire project will be much more difficult (actually, it would be a logistical nightmare.) These prices are significantly under retail and so the markup on them is quite low. By doing them in consistent bulk, we are saving a lot of money (these are $100+ knives in stores!!!)

We can likely do a variation between large and small though, perhaps do the Minis in black and the Full Sizes in dark green or tan, or vice versa, but all Minis and all Full Sizes would have to be the same color and blade configuration for the stated prices.

Blade-wise, I would suggest we do satin on both regardless of color. That saves like $10 a knife as black-bladed Benchmades are generally $10-20 more than their satin counters.

As many people noted price was important in the first thread, staying with a satin blade and a single color handle ensures the best prices.

I'd be game for a full sized OD grip black blade. Or whatever. Any chance to get the MDS shield on the blade?

I figure the final vote before actually doing the ordering would be on the engraving.

Moving this to the Group Buy section might bring some traffic which might not frequent the Edged Weapon section or use the new posts function... Or at least a post (and in the Water Cooler) there pointing here... just an idea.

I will make threads there provided it is OK with the Mods here...good idea! :D

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm in for the large; tan with black blade sounds like a nice combo; if that turns out to be a problem for folks pricewise, satin/black works for me as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom