• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hennyone

Jan 28, 2014
    Baltimore
    So the law states you can carry on your own property or business. Do you have to be the property owner? Say this is your permanent residence. Does this apply to inside and outside of the house on the property as well?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If your not the direct property owner, then with the owner's written permission.

Inside and out. But do not venture off your property.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Your name can be on the lease if your a renter.

Common areas in apt.. condo.. does not count as your property.

From 4-203
    (b) Exceptions. -- This section does not prohibit:

(6) the wearing, carrying, or transporting of a handgun by a person on real estate that the person owns or leases or where the person resides or within the confines of a business establishment that the person owns or leases;

Cis-Lunar

Jun 27, 2008
    What if this is a public business. For instance, my brother owns a bar. Can he carry in the bar where alcohol is served and customers come in and out? As i read the law it doesn't stipulate anything about serving alcohol or what kind of business it needs to be.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    This question needs to be a sticky. It's been discussed many, many times but keeps being asked. No offense, but search really is a friend.

May 13, 2005
    Soooooo, since all public lands are actually owned by the public, then any one who pays taxes can carry on them, right???? :D:thumbsup::cool::rolleyes:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes owner/ supervisory employee w/ permission of owner can carry at place of business. Definately inside the physical building , how far outside the physical building isn't precisely set.

bmodzelewski

Oct 11, 2012
    Middle River
    so if I own a townhouse with a front yard I can go outside in the front yard carrying a handgun?

I'm guessing, by law, it must be holstered/concealed?

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    so if I own a townhouse with a front yard I can go outside in the front yard carrying a handgun?

I'm guessing, by law, it must be holstered/concealed?

you may.. but also depends on HOA rules.

open or concealed.. you have to be very careful and know exactly where your property ends. :innocent0

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Under Statute open/ concealed makes no difference. In a Townhouse situation the big question is the exact legal status of the piece of ground in question.

If it exclusively yours by deed or lease , then you are good. If it is *Common Area* for other specific tennants / tennents in general , then no.

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    you may.. but also depends on HOA rules.

open or concealed.. you have to be very careful and know exactly where your property ends. :innocent0

Even if it is a single family house, be careful because there is most likely a public easement extending into your property. It's usually the edge of the sidewalk closest to your house. Not a lawyer, but I would not go across that line with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom