• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    All,

Long time, no see. I have been traveling a lot to the United States, a wonderful free country where citizens' Constitutional rights are not trampled by politicians everyday. Now that I am back in Soviet Maryland, I have a situation I need some advice on:

I recently sold two regulated items at the Dulles show this past weekend, a handgun and an evil black rifle. Both purchased by FFLs attending the show; one from VA and one from MD. Now, the questions:

1. Can MD FFLs, still, (as in post-SB281) acquire/buy so-called AWs and re-sell them, even if out-of-state?:innocent0

2. Should I send MSP a letter asking them to update my files and records to reflect that I no longer own these regulated firearms, with receipts provided by the FFLs attached?

I mean, it will save them the time spent looking for them after SWAT kills my dog and raids my safe....:lol2:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. And please keep it clean. What's done, is done.

Cheers,

marte

Mr H

Banana'd
    Personal assessment only......

#1 - They may not acquire new stock after 9/30/13, by my reading of FSA13, but may continue to sell existing stock (out of state).

#2 - "Offer nothing" (but keep the papers) is my gut call.

This advice is worth pretty much what you're paying for it!!!

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    After they kick down your dog and shoot up your door for no reason, perhaps they'll start questioning their database and leave me alone.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As long as you have the BOS and the purchasing FFL's license info, why bother MSP? You can prove you legally sold them.

That's part of the stupidity of the MD system. They don't require any notification when you sell a gun outside MD.

Let sleeping dogs lie IMO.

Too bad for them is my feeling

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    You all offer valid points...thank you. I do have a ledger where I keep track of my transfers, purchases, etc.so I will keep the receipts and enter in the ledger...maybe post a copy on the front door as well.....lol. Thanks guys!

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    All,

2. Should I send MSP a letter asking them to update my files and records to reflect that I no longer own these regulated firearms, with receipts provided by the FFLs attached?

When I asked about removing firearms from the registry I was told by the MSP Licensing dept that it won't happen unless it is re-registered in Maryland. So if you sell it out of state it is registered to you... forever

marte616

God bless America...
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 15, 2008
    Occupied Territory
    When I asked about removing firearms from the registry I was told by the MSP Licensing dept that it won't happen unless it is re-registered in Maryland. So if you sell it out of state it is registered to you... forever

BINGO! and there we go....if you are forced to "Voluntary Register" an item, you should be allowed to "de-register" it! What a bunch of B.S. I can see if a firearm you sold 10 years ago is involved in a crime in Zimbawe, then MSP has an excuse to raid your safe to "investigate" you link to said firearm.

And we all know they will raid your house, your safe, shoot your dog, and handcuff your ass before even asking you if you still own said firearm.:mad54:

ianmcall

Sep 21, 2011
    Damascus, MD
    Warning...Over used joke to come..

Wait you mean you guys didn't submit your letters to the MSP notifying them your firearms were lost in a tragic boating accident near Baltimore Harbor?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    All,

Long time, no see. I have been traveling a lot to the United States, a wonderful free country where citizens' Constitutional rights are not trampled by politicians everyday. Now that I am back in Soviet Maryland, I have a situation I need some advice on:

I recently sold two regulated items at the Dulles show this past weekend, a handgun and an evil black rifle. Both purchased by FFLs attending the show; one from VA and one from MD. Now, the questions:

1. Can MD FFLs, still, (as in post-SB281) acquire/buy so-called AWs and re-sell them, even if out-of-state?:innocent0

I mean, it will save them the time spent looking for them after SWAT kills my dog and raids my safe....:lol2:

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. And please keep it clean. What's done, is done.

Cheers,

marte

Personal assessment only......

#1 - They may not acquire new stock after 9/30/13, by my reading of FSA13, but may continue to sell existing stock (out of state).

#2 - "Offer nothing" (but keep the papers) is my gut call.

This advice is worth pretty much what you're paying for it!!!

Unless the dealer who bought his gun was an 07-FFL, manufacturers can buy all the new stock of any firearm they want, but cannot sell any prohibited items inside of MD unless it is a Govt. or LEO sale with certain conditions.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Even if there were an established bureaucratic process to update the database entry for your firearm, to show that you had sold it to an out of state dealer, do you really think that would make a difference in a future investigation?

If you sell me a pistol at the MSP barracks, the Trooper confirms the serial number, and that number is now linked to me in the database. A future investigation will show me as a more recent owner than you, so they'll shoot me and handcuff my dog first, before they come to your house.

But just because you told them you sold the gun in Virginia, unless they supervised the transaction and update their database accordingly, as they do with in-state transfers, they are still going to come and talk to you about it. So even if they create a new form to fill out for an out-of-state transfer, it won't make a difference.

Just keep a bill of sale and don't worry about it.

As a broad, general principle, government inefficiency is good. It is one of the major safeguards of our remaining shreds of freedom. I WANT their records and databases to be fragmented, incomplete, and riddled with errors. I WANT them and everyone to KNOW that the records are unreliable and thus to have no confidence at all in them.

I WANT their Registry to be a laughingstock. Don't you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom