• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GreenDragon69

Mar 11, 2013
    I want to share some insider information about the defeat of Maryland's top protector of Second Amendment Rights. Smigiel had the reputation for being a pit bull when it came to protecting the Liberties of Maryland citizens and it forced many RINOs to go on record about controversial issues that they would rather not touch. In politics, politicians prefer not to have to take a stance on controversial issues because they live in fear of losing a vote from either side on issues. Because Smigiel introduced bills that forced politicians to take a side, he was hated by the establishment "Democrat Lite" Republicans and they plotted against him.

Here in Cecil County, a group known as "The Cecil County Patriots" worked tirelessly to smear Smigiel. The Cecil County "Patriots" are anything but patriots. They use the TEA party name as cover to draw in good people and use them to do the establishment's bidding. They are in fact, nothing more than attack dogs for local political machine that runs Cecil County politics.

Enter Alan McCarthy - a Cecil County Councilman that introduced a bill to impose shooting restrictions last year. The inside word is that McCarthy was approached by the establishment (I'm hearing Andy Harris but I have no proof) to run against Smigiel in order to siphon off enough of the Cecil County vote to hand Smigiel a defeat. McCarthy was successful in doing this and those of us that value our gun rights will suffer for it.

Alan McCarthy was supported by the Cecil County Patriots and they were listed as his largest campaign contributors when he ran for Cecil County Council. Recently, leadership for the Cecil County Patriots have publicly posted comments that back up my claims.

Ron Lobos - a former Cecil County Patriots leader posted this on a local blog : "I would like to recognize Alan McCarthy for his biggest accomplishment in running to 36th District House of Delegates. What many people will fail to recognize is that if Alan had not run, Smigiel may well have garnished enough votes to win in the primaries and we would have been stuck with him for possibly 4 more years as our representative in Annapolis. Dr. McCarthy may not have won his primary race, but the citizens of Cecil County won. Thanks again to Dr. McCarthy for all his hard work."

Donna Caudell - a current Cecil County Patriots leader had this to say : " Smigiel has OVERWHELMINGLY lost the last 2 elections that he ran in Cecil County. There were several things done locally that were NOT pro-liberty that the people of Cecil County were not very happy with. The Cecil County Patriots have a long standing reputation of being credible and telling the truth in Cecil County. That has shown in election results. Cecil County has made a good choice and will send another strong conservative to represent us."

Jackie Gregory - a current Cecil County Patriots leader followed up by saying " Smigiel has been very unpopular in Cecil County for a long time. His fan base is in other counties where the people don't have to deal with him on a day to day basis and do not know him. He is a typical politician in every sense of the word. He has promoted several things locally that are anything but conservative. I agree that Smigiel knows how to give good speeches in Annapolis. However, there is much more to being a representative than that. And when you continually screw the people who you are supposed to be looking out for for your own personal benefit, it doesn't help your credibility. The people of Cecil County did the right thing, and at the end of the day, it is up to us to select someone whom we can trust to represent us. For those in other counties who would like to second guess the local voters, feel free to convince Smigiel to move to your district and run for office there. You will quickly learn first hand what I'm talking about."

Folks, this is why we are losing in Maryland. Notice the lack of facts from these people? One look at Smigiel's record of introducing bills that other politicians didn't have the guts to introduce (repeal Common Core, repeal speed cameras, repeal SB281, repeal Plan Maryland and others) shows that he was one of, if not THE BEST bill champion that the people of Maryland had.

We lost a good one, and not because the Democrats took him out. Alan McCarthy and The Cecil County "Patriots" did the dirty work. Remember this when Annapolis steam rolls our liberties in the next General Assembly because we are lacking true conservatives to fight for us.

If you are as outraged as I am, please contact the Cecil County Patriots and Alan McCarthy (amccarthy@ccgov.org) and let them know how you feel about the damage they have done to the fight to preserve our 2A rights.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I agree that none of them have any facts to back of their criticism, just unsubstantiated ad hominem attacks. we've seen it here on the forums from one or two members, they attempt to remain anonymous, and refuse to give any examples of what they disagree with him on. they are just trying to get "their guys" in office at the expense of everything else.

sadly, one of the people you quoted is a family friend, and claims to support gun rights, however when I questioned him he had never even heard of msi... or 2A Tuesday... or any of the rallys in 2013...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yeah. The Liberal skid marks are finding new and creative ways to disrupt the election process.

Just like the 40,000 in Mississippi that voted in the Democrat primary then voted in the Republican primary too. Keep fighting McDaniel.

Our election process has been compromised like never before.

Just wait until full amnesty and American citizenship and voting rights are granted by presidential edict prior to the 2016 elections.

At that point it really will be time to stick a fork in it.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    This is no different than the DINO movement . People were tired of him here in district 36 and they dealt with him by stacking the deck. Most supporters of him were /are outside his district and only have 1 issue that matters to them , those are the people who are more closely tied to the liberals than those who showed him the door.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    This is no different than the DINO movement . People were tired of him here in district 36 and they dealt with him by stacking the deck. Most supporters of him were /are outside his district and only have 1 issue that matters to them , those are the people who are more closely tied to the liberals than those who showed him the door.

quoted for lulz

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I will agree to a certain degree about DINO in that it is somewhat sneaky and underhanded.

Only difference is that we, speaking for myself, didn't vote in both elections.

With DINO, we are trying to save our country while the other side is trying to destroy it through sheer ignorance.

At least that's how I justify our dirty poolitics.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

For once give solid examples of why you don't like Smigiel. Not innuendo but fact.

S
    P
    E
    L
    L

I
    T

O
    U
    T

C
    L
    E
    A
    R
    L
    Y
    !

If you won't then just have yourself a nice fresh cup of STFU! So far all you've given us is hate filled opinion.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    I like Mike.

But the only thing I get out of that article is that whatever it was he needed to be doing to take care of the hearts and minds of his home county, his base, he wasn't doing effectively.

That was the problem with Eric Cantor, with the same outcome.

Mike is young enough to bounce back. If he wants to, and has learned from the experience. Not that he should be too hard on himself, but we all have to learn from our mistakes and he is no exception.

The 2A movement needs to learn too, collectively. It is a lot harder to win with any single narrow special interest than it is to win with a broader platform. This isn't something unique to 2A, but it is just a numbers and demographic thing.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    For once give solid examples of why you don't like Smigiel. Not innuendo but fact.

S
    P
    E
    L
    L

I
    T

O
    U
    T

C
    L
    E
    A
    R
    L
    Y
    !

If you won't then just have yourself a nice fresh cup of STFU! So far all you've given us is hate filled opinion.

I will try to make it CLEAR for you

1 issue politician

Una cuestión político

Ein Thema Politiker

Один из вопросов политик

một chính trị gia phát hành

איינער אַרויסגעבן פּאָליטיקער

hope you understand one of those , if so should be clear to you now . Have a good night

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    Well some call it one issue but those who read can see that the one issue was the MAIN issue but there were others. You know, like keeping the NSA out of our emails, protecting 4th Amendment rights (along with that ONE issue you see) fighting against common core and all the other things.

Perhaps it only seemed like ONE issue to some because they had a predetermined notion and allowed their perceptions to confirm those notions. Regardless, he lost and we can all pray that the new person is as loud about the ONE issue or our rights will be further eroded when Frosh works with the GA to get Assault gun registry and confiscation ala up north. Then folks can cry about their lost liberties while they lament and ask why no one is defending that ONE issue....

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Well some call it one issue but those who read can see that the one issue was the MAIN issue but there were others. You know, like keeping the NSA out of our emails, protecting 4th Amendment rights (along with that ONE issue you see) fighting against common core and all the other things.

Perhaps it only seemed like ONE issue to some because they had a predetermined notion and allowed their perceptions to confirm those notions. Regardless, he lost and we can all pray that the new person is as loud about the ONE issue or our rights will be further eroded when Frosh works with the GA to get Assault gun registry and confiscation ala up north. Then folks can cry about their lost liberties while they lament and ask why no one is defending that ONE issue....

Well said! :thumbsup:

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Quite sad. I met Smigel a few times and he seemed like a decent guy.

The reason Maryland is as bad as it is, is a lack of attack dogs like Smigel. Weak Republicans and weak grassroots orgs. What are the chances his replacement is in any way effective?

Feb 28, 2013

So in other words, since most of us supported him most of us are liberals?:lol2:

Yeah, ok....:rolleyes:

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I will try to make it CLEAR for you

1 issue politician

Una cuestión político

Ein Thema Politiker

Один из вопросов политик

một chính trị gia phát hành

איינער אַרויסגעבן פּאָליטיקער

hope you understand one of those , if so should be clear to you now . Have a good night
    Go away you filthy troll.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013

I am a fan to be sure.

If Cecil doesn't want him, I'm sure the good folk here in Frederick would love to have him.

I know I would...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I have no dogs in this fight but what the "Cecil County Patriots" were quoted as saying is laughable. It's a keen to saying "he's mean" without explaining anything to bring them to that point.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.
    If we want to make a change, we have to figure out why the folks up there bought into the "Cecil County Patriots." If I had to GUESS, it's the name alone.

We need to establish groups with names like "Marylanders for Equality for All" or "Marylanders Against the Death Penalty" to endorse our selected DINO officials. Hell, we could even go with "Buenas Dias Maryland" to get certain segments of the population. We can register the names and get logos too.

I never heard of the "COPS" organization until it/they supported Dewess for Carroll County Sheriff.

....I thought about this while mowing the yard today

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom