• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Mopar92 and Lou45 proudly present:

Finally, we are having another Carroll County meet-up this October on Saturday the 11th at 7:00 PM at Johannson's located at RT 27 and Main St in downtown Westminster. There will be a few guest speakers in regard to 2A issues in Maryland and in particular, Carroll County, that will be in attendance.

There will be a contest/game that is unbeknownst to me at this time being drafted up by our one and only li'l firecracker, ShallNotInfringe, and a grand prize that's REALLY WORTH winning. The grand prize will be a forged Adcor* stripped AR-15 lower receiver, lower parts kit, and buttstock kit; all the components necessary to build a complete AR-15 lower donated by some of Carroll County's MDShooters Industry Partners**. NOTE: These prizes do NOT require a MD Handgun Qualification License (HQL).

Speaking of prizes, there will also be a door prize of a forged Adcor* stripped AR-15 lower receiver. All participants for the door prize and the grand prize must be present at the meet-up to participate, win, and be awarded prizes.

Additional eligibility requirements for the prizes, all participants must:

1. Be of at least 21 years of age,
    2. Have been a member of MDShooters BEFORE 09/09/14 and currently in good standing with MDShooters forum,
    3. Be able to pass a MD State Police/FBI background check (77R/4473).
    NOTE: The actual winner will be doing the paperwork (ie: not a friend, spouse, SO, relative, or otherwise). If a winner of a restricted item, such as a lower, is "Disapproved" by our illustrious MSP L&R, the entire prize will be completely forfeited by that winner and said winner will have NO further claim in any way to the winning item(s), financially or otherwise. With respect to this, a second (alternate) will be drawn/runner-up of game/contest and for door prize if the actual winner isn't able to legally do the paperwork and subsequently not able to legally take possession. IP's and their employees/volunteers are not eligible to win any of the prizes, as these prizes are being donated by some of the MDShooters Carroll County IP's for YOU, the MDShooters members and our one of many ways in sayin' "Thanks for your support".

Also, one does NOT need to be a Carroll County resident to attend, participate, and win. Those MDS'ers that are not Carroll County residents are invited to this meet-up too.:)

NOTE: We will NEED to have a CONFIRMED head count no later than Monday 10/06. We have reservations for 50 people (the BIG room in the back), however, we do expect the final number to be somewhat to significantly higher than originally planned and hopefully we'll be able to reserve the adjoining room if this occurs. So if you're certain you can make this Carroll County MDShooters meet-up, post it in this thread ASAP; the sooner we know that we'll need the adjoining room, the sooner we can reserve it if possible.

This should be a Carroll County MDShooters meet-up that is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! We have scheduled and announced this meet-up over four weeks before the fact so that just about everybody can plan/rearrange their schedules to be at this MDShooters meet-up. Fun is to be had by all that attend. If consuming alcohol at this event, please drink responsibly.

BYOB (Bring Your Own Bail $$$).

* If all goes as planned, or will be substituted with another brand lower. UPDATE: We have secured (in possession) the forged Adcor AR-15 stripped lowers so the fix is in, Adcors.

** Industry Partner participation list to date.
    Carroll County IP's on board providing donations/services in alphabetical order:

Baltimore's Best Pawn-(BBestPawn)

Bollinger Gunsmithing and Sales-(BollingerGunsmithing)

Shooters Discount-(Lou45)

South Carroll Sporting Goods-(FFBWMD)

Last edited:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Guest List

Confirmed:
    mopar92
    Lou9mm
    SNI
    Yellowsled
    jmcisc
    DC-W
    Arcamm's wife + SU
    Wendigo
    ironcity + SU
    rj91jeep
    GTOGUNNER
    Queen Lydia + (guests?)
    OldCarJunkie

Tentative:
    Fabsroman
    CATMdude
    AntiGun
    Honda53s
    eruby
    BoltsRock
    sirex

Last edited:

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I will be back from Key West next week, and I don't ship out to GTMO until Oct 27th, so I am in. I will bring along my dad.

YellowSled
    Jmcisc

-Evan

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    OH SNAP!

I'M IN!

(Keep the .22 away. I'm a bit of a magnet :D)

I'll come up with something to put towards the prizes.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Should be all moved into the new place by then, the date looks clear according to my calendar. (sniff) This will be my first meet-up as a non-Carroll Co. resident.... Though I still work in Carroll Co., so that stands for something... :innocent0

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Should be all moved in the new place by then, the date looks clear according to my calendar. (sniff) This will be my first meet-up as a non-Carroll Co. resident.... I still work in Carroll Co., so that stands for something... :innocent0

Join me, fellow border jumper.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Should be all moved into the new place by then, the date looks clear according to my calendar. (sniff) This will be my first meet-up as a non-Carroll Co. resident.... Though I still work in Carroll Co., so that stands for something... :innocent0

Yeah but if you win it will be C&C.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Join me, fellow border jumper.

Looks doable!

You moving out of Maryland and working in Carroll County, or just changing Maryland counties?

Gettysburg, PA. Bigger place, room to grow, rural setting, saving $350+ in monthly expenses. Commuting to Mt. Airy for work, 60 min drive for me, 35 min drive for wifey. Worth it.

Yeah but if you win it will be C&C.

I seldom win anything; but if I do, I'll give back with some nice karma!

Once CC, Forever CC. :party29:

,,,,but you have to buy a round of drinks. :innocent0

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

10 years a Baltimore City slicker; 8 years employed, 3 years a resident and cut my teeth as a simple Carroll Co. folk - I'll never go back to city living again. My heart was in my old city, but it is now in these foothills. I won't be very far away, only an imaginary jurisdictive line divides us.

I'll buy a round of drinks... for anyone who can guess my middle name!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom