• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsavoy

Dec 15, 2014
    Freeland, MD
    Hello MDS:

I recently moved up to Freeland, MD from Parkville with my pregnant fiancé. One day as I observed the glow radiating from her, I realized that I would happily sacrifice my life for those of her and my unborn child. I also decided that anyone who would attempt to take them from me would have to do the same.

Now, I'm no stranger to firearms, but I've never needed or wanted to buy one. Upon researching the legal process in which a regulated handgun could be purchased in Maryland, I quickly realized that these laws were clearly put in place to deter the law abiding citizen from obtaining one.

I didn't get very far in the process before I started feeling violated and frustrated. To get a better understanding of why all of this was necessary, I started searching the WWW and found MDS. I lurked the forums for a couple of days and found that there were many like minded individuals here. I joined in order to be part of the conversation. I've become a member of both MSI and the NRA; I now want to part of the solution.

Those that have read these words, I call brother (or sister). If they're not going to give back the 2A rights they've been allowed to strip from us, we will be forced to take them back.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Welcome.

You've pretty much hit the nail on the head. The (newest) silly laws in MD do zero to stop criminals from getting and using guns.

PMD354

Welcome. I hate the HQL process so bad that I refuse to get one. I have enough handguns to hold me over for the time being. If you don't want to finish the HQL process I would suggest getting a tactical shotgun.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Welcome. Great intro.

There's lots of great people here who will give you good advice on navigating this state's ridiculous gun laws and also in picking out a firearm that's right for you, though it appears you've already done a lot of homework.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    If you don't want to get the HQL, look for C&R handguns. No HQL required, but you will need to fill out the 77R and 7-day wait.

If you want to go broke (more broke than you may be already), fill out the paperwork for a FFL03 license. Once you get the license, you can have handguns delivered to your door - no HQL, no 77R, no 7-day wait. The spouse may not approve the funds, though... :innocent0

Check out the C&R subforum for more information about applying.

Welcome from Fulton.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    welcome. it's like a prostate exam. bend over, grin and bear it, do what you gotta do and move. first one's always the hardest. arm your self.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Hey there.

No big deal. Liberal gun haters always say it's easy to buy any firearm you want to illegally. Just ask one of them how and get yourself an Uzi. :rolleyes:

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Welcome to northern Baltimore County and welcome to the 2A fight! Hope to see you at the MSI meeting on January 10th and at 2A Tuesday on February 10.

Several folks have already mentioned ways to deal with home defense without jumping through HQL hoops, so I'll limit my suggestions to swinging by Duffy's on Falls Road for good service and advice on choosing an appropriate tool for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom