What do folks think about fanny packs for CCW?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FatTony

Aug 2, 2015
    Carroll County
    I occasionally use a shoulder pack when I'm at the pool, beach or not clothed for concealed carry. I may have the old and gray look but make no mistake, I can still kick ass!
    20150907_164439_resized.jpg

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Many of the CCW waist packs LOOK like you are carrying. They are larger than the ones most people wear.

I use one when traveling to carry stuff. But that is because, depending where I am, I may have to carry more that I would normally. Otherwise I use my pockets.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    serious though they are great it allows robbers to steal all your stuff quickly. Nothing is better then saying can you hold on Mr. Robber while you are trying to unzip your dong purse to get out your gun.
    Yup!

The classic technique for stealing a purse is to use a strap cutter. Grab the purse, cut the strap, and scoot. Bonus points if done from the back of a small motor bike.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I will never live to be old enough to feel comfortable driving a Buick or wearing a fanny pack. And I'm only 62. But I haven't gotten to the point where I've lost all self-esteem (yet).

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I will never live to be old enough to feel comfortable driving a Buick or wearing a fanny pack. And I'm only 62. But I haven't gotten to the point where I've lost all self-esteem (yet).

No need to feel uncomfortable driving THIS buick ;)

68716130.jpg

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Who exactly decided they were now "out" or "out of the closet" or whatever? I understand that it is now an indisputable internet fact that so-called fanny pack wearing is 100% homosexual...but why? It's just a stupid junk bag for when you don't have enough pockets in your pants, nothing more! Is it because it hangs near your junk? Why is that particular style of man-purse any more or less gay than a messenger bag or any other auxiliary form of personal luggage?

I guess I better let the wife know now that I've gone gay because I have a fanny pack that I sometimes wear hunting to carry my rangefinder, wallet and keys! I can't imagine how she's possibly going to take the news. :sad20:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Who exactly decided they were now "out" or "out of the closet" or whatever? I understand that it is now an indisputable internet fact that so-called fanny pack wearing is 100% homosexual...but why? It's a stupid junk bag for when you don't have enough pockets in your pants, nothing more! Is it because it hangs near your junk? Why is that particular style of man-purse any more or less gay than a messenger bag or any other auxiliary form of personal luggage?

I guess I better let the wife know now that I've gone gay because I have a fanny pack that I sometimes wear hunting to carry my rangefinder, wallet and keys! I can't imagine how she's possibly going to take the news. :sad20:

Yeah this isn't something you want to string her along with!!! How long have you been dragging her along? Better tell her ASAP!!

For the record we here at MDS support your choice of freedom, just don't try and push anything on us.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Dong purse! :lol2::lol2:

Did somebody say Dong Purse? Then might as go with he original Dong Purse

View attachment 164335

Puffy Shirt and Pirate Vest Optional

This thread has me belly laughing. This website has some clever individuals. When I read dong purse I literally cried. :lol2:Thank you for the feedback and I will stick to my IWB carry.

My daughters are going to be embarrassed and heartbroken, for sure. :D

Dong purse.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    They ditched Olds bc it was basically the same as buick, just s half step down. They ditched Pontiac bc it related to chevy in a similar fashion. I wish Saturn had remained separate. They may have stuck around. Instead they turned into chevy.2 and were doomed.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Fanny pack just says "I'm too lazy to actually conceal my pistol". So unless you look like you'd be wearing one otherwise, it's no good as cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom