• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sammy

Dec 25, 2015
    Hey guys. I'm possibly moving to DC in a month and am wondering whether my pistols are okay there. My main question is whether the approved handguns list applies to previously owned guns or not?
    I have an s&w mp9 shield and mp 22compact. I already own them which is where my uncertainty comes in.

Thanks!

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    There is no good reason to move to DC.

-High taxes
    -no gun rights
    -liberals, hipsters, and millennial galore.
    -High rents
    -Still lots of crime all over the place

I would move to VA, or even MD, before I would move to DC. You must be chasing a nice piece of trim if you are thinking about moving into the district!

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The only reason to move to DC would be a court order. Move to Alexandria or Arlington. Enough liberal moonbats, but if firearms are something you are interested in at all, don't move to DC.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Seriously, if you're at all interested in keeping your guns - Hell, even your sanity - don't move to DC. For all of the reasons cited above and more. Virginia remains nominally in America. We're working on Maryland - I expect American annexation by the turn of the century. You can always take Metro in to visit DC.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    For handguns in DC, anything on the DC, Maryland, Mass, or California lists are acceptable (anything C&R is also OK). I have a Shield and had no problem registering it in DC.

zekers7

Oct 1, 2014
    No problems with either in DC. No threaded barrels or anything over 10 rounds. Even a 50 cal is ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Concur with the others. There's no reason to live inside the District unless forced to do so. Even Maryland is better...and Virginia, of course, is much better.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Hey guys. I'm possibly moving to DC in a month and am wondering whether my pistols are okay there. My main question is whether the approved handguns list applies to previously owned guns or not?
    I have an s&w mp9 shield and mp 22compact. I already own them which is where my uncertainty comes in.

Thanks!

Move there? Seriously??? I won't even visit there anymore.

Good luck.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The OP posted that he was moving to MA in his only other post, same day as this one.

Just a lonely troll, looking for love in all the wrong places.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Did you get talked out of moving there yet?

Did you notice he's never been back to post?

Did you notice that his only other post was stating his interest in a possible move to Massachusetts?

He was just bringing Christmas presents to his Trollmaster. Now his thread has risen from the dead, and it's nowhere close to Easter.

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    There is no good reason to move to DC.

-High taxes
    -no gun rights
    -liberals, hipsters, and millennial galore.
    -High rents
    -Still lots of crime all over the place

I would move to VA, or even MD, before I would move to DC. You must be chasing a nice piece of trim if you are thinking about moving into the district!

Ha. Indeed. VA, yes.... But let's not dip our head into the fountain of sugar flavored sand and pretend that MD isn't the liberal cesspool that it is.

OP is clearly a troll. That being said, before I bought my house in DC, I prepared a fairly exhaustive tax liability model and DC faired the best. Yes, you can open carry a LG (not in a vehicle) in MD, but good luck with that in PG or MTG Co and not getting lit up by a LEO. The MD HQL Bologna makes the DC registration politburo look like constitutional carry in the home. No, I can't have an evil pistol grip on my AR platform rifle. But, oh well. Hope that helps the Obamavoters sleep better at night. So I call that a wash...

On taxes, MD fell dead last in every faucet. DC was worse than VA in income tax, but the property taxes in DC are shockingly light. Don't get me started on VA's vehicle property tax. Overall tax burden, DC modeled to be the best for me. Sad. But true. This doesn't even factor in the extrinsics, such as my commute being utterly painless. And of course, ready access to "nice piece(s) of trim."

Don't mistake this for an endorsement of DC. I hate the place and am plotting my escape to Wyoming or New Hampshire or Texas every day. Even at the hyper local level that DC taxation is, all I see is my money being transferred to other areas of the city for clown cars like the trolly, subsidize by me and my neighbors who are totally neglected by the city (probably for better). This is more of a wake up call for those of you in MD, to not be fooled into thinking that it is any better than the worst of the worst.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Ha. Indeed. VA, yes.... But let's not dip our head into the fountain of sugar flavored sand and pretend that MD isn't the liberal cesspool that it is.

OP is clearly a troll. That being said, before I bought my house in DC, I prepared a fairly exhaustive tax liability model and DC faired the best. Yes, you can open carry a LG (not in a vehicle) in MD, but good luck with that in PG or MTG Co and not getting lit up by a LEO. The MD HQL Bologna makes the DC registration politburo look like constitutional carry in the home. No, I can't have an evil pistol grip on my AR platform rifle. But, oh well. Hope that helps the Obamavoters sleep better at night. So I call that a wash...

On taxes, MD fell dead last in every faucet. DC was worse than VA in income tax, but the property taxes in DC are shockingly light. Don't get me started on VA's vehicle property tax. Overall tax burden, DC modeled to be the best for me. Sad. But true. This doesn't even factor in the extrinsics, such as my commute being utterly painless. And of course, ready access to "nice piece(s) of trim."

Don't mistake this for an endorsement of DC. I hate the place and am plotting my escape to Wyoming or New Hampshire or Texas every day. Even at the hyper local level that DC taxation is, all I see is my money being transferred to other areas of the city for clown cars like the trolly, subsidize by me and my neighbors who are totally neglected by the city (probably for better). This is more of a wake up call for those of you in MD, to not be fooled into thinking that it is any better than the worst of the worst.

Agree 100%. And anyone who has gotten a firearm in Md or NJ can tell you DC is easier

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom