• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    No hammer, springfield. Restrictions: Off base while in service, not valid where firearms are prohibited.

I'm also exempt from HQL, so no this is not a HQL.

Ah that clears everything up! :D

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    to me it sounds like you can only carry while conducting official business off base. You wont be covered traveling from your home to Base or vise versa

No, it means as long as he remains a service member and that the permit is only valid while off duty.

I posted yesterday that a friend of mine who is a full time National Guard MP got his permit using the threats.

No, it means as long as he remains a service member and that the permit is only valid while off duty.

I posted yesterday that a friend of mine who is a full time National Guard MP got his permit using the threats.

If hes off duty, is he still considered in service? I don't think so and im willing to bet there are some police officers that wouldn't either.

I would try to get the restrictions removed. There is no reason for any restrictions.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If hes off duty, is he still considered in service? I don't think so and im willing to bet there are some police officers that wouldn't either.

I would try to get the restrictions removed. There is no reason for any restrictions.

I would interpret "In service" as meaning his job status(serving), not whether he is on or off the clock.

But alas, IANAL

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Everyone has different interpretations, that's the problem with carry permit restrictions

If hes off the clock, technically hes not serving

So when a police officer is off the clock they're aren't serving? Okay...

I do agree that restrictions are bogus.

Rockfish

Feb 26, 2013
    I'm Interested to know as well if I can pull this off. I had my data breached have had suspicious credit card thefts in a foreign country since then so it's safe to assume my info made it into the wrong hands on some level.

ELCAM

Dec 17, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I also got one after an initial denial and it was issued after my informal Command review. Same restriction "Off Base while employed in service of US Military..."

Same threat as OP for justification for me ISIL etc... mine was granted as an assumed risk position citing deployments and job as a pilot.

Feb 8, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    All I can say guys is be professional all the time when communicating with MDSP and at all interviews. Give them the proper name titles and all, even if your not in the service or law enforcement, thats just me, they earned it. Have documentation to support your GSR and why this puts you more at risk than the everyday person.

I know, I know its our right but for now until the Governor Hogan takes action we will not be treated equally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom