• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    MSP AT IT AGAIN! Assault and Police Reports Not Enough?

So I have been helping several people going through the wear and carry permitting process. One of which, who is female, was robbed at gun point in Baltimore.

She took the wear and carry course, completed all requirements and submitted her application back in August. Just today her interviewing trooper called her and scheduled the in person appt. Along with scheduling a date, she told my friend that MSP won't issue a permit based on the robbery, so she should bring her business info along. She is an employee, not the owner. The trooper also said that the robbery wasn't a "personal assault, just a crime of opportunity".

This infuriates me! I have done this with several people and I am f'ing tired of fighting this BS.

Edit: MSP also told this person to bring business owner paperwork and DEPOSIT SLIPS!!!!!!!

EDITTED TITLE

Last edited:
    So I have been helping several people going through the wear and carry permitting process. One of which, who is female, was robbed at gun point in Baltimore.

She took the wear and carry course, completed all requirements and submitted her application back in August. Just today her interviewing trooper called her and scheduled the in person appt. Along with scheduling a date, she told my friend that MSP won't issue a permit based on the robbery, so she should bring her business info along. She is an employee, not the owner. The trooper also said that the robbery wasn't a "personal assault, just a crime of opportunity".

This infuriates me! I have done this with several people and I am f'ing tired of fighting this BS.

Money was already taxed so the state DGAF. :sad20:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    While your efforts are appreciated, do we have to rehash maybe secret squirrel / Hogan avoidance yet again?

Although in one of these threads we were rewarded with the permanent absence of Lone Ranger...

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    words can't describe how sickening it is to obtain a permit in the God forbidden state!maybe after 2018 if hogans elected for a 2nd term he'll come out of the closet on the 2nd amendment and g&s stance! i still have my doubts though.........

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    MSP LD SOP Rule #1:

Unless you are killed and can produce a police report or you are a spook that can harms us by releasing dirt, we will not grant you a permit, supplicant!

MSP LD SOP Rule #2:

See Rule #1 Go away!

:mad54:

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    He should tell the woman who was raped this morning at the Rockville metro that it was a crime of opportunity and nothing personal.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Not what this thread is about. I am keenly aware.

Thread title includes they phrase "Hogan nowhere to be seen". I guess I kind of took it the same way as whisltersmother.

If you are just ranting I certainly agree with all your thoughts and share your anger and frustration.

If there is an action item alluded to I am not quite following...

Ranting is ok btw!!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thread title includes they phrase "Hogan nowhere to be seen". I guess I kind of took it the same way as whisltersmother.

If you are just ranting I certainly agree with all your thoughts and share your anger and frustration.

If there is an action item alluded to I am not quite following...

Ranting is ok btw!!

I understand. Just getting the info out of how things are panning out for some.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    High violent crime rates and strict self protection gun laws are not an enticement for new business relocation. I hope that concern gets raised to Gov. Hogan, otherwise the #OpenForBusiness will be #NotForLong Fred

Mr H

Banana'd
    A) Where does Hogan's personal involvement in a specific case figure in?

B) I've long reminded folks that MSP will grant a permit for anything they consider more important than your life.

C) The elephant IS being eaten... we just need more than the usual handful of hungry people.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co

B) I've long reminded folks that MSP will grant a permit for anything they consider more important than your life.

C) The elephant IS being eaten... we just need more than the usual handful of hungry people.

He could easily have remedied this entire discrepancy.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    More and more acquaintances are telling me they are not concerned with MSP blessing and doing what they feel necessary to protect themselves and families.
    They have calculated odds.

I do not necessarily condone this.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Hogan's personal involvement in the process is what is required because these people work for Governor Hogan and the buck stops at Hogan's desk.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i thought one of his high level aides was at the last meeting. Certainly he must know what a fuster cluck has become.

or not.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

EDITTED TITLE
    Wasn't she threatened during the course of the robbery? Doesn't the robber have her address, drivers license, etc. and therefore the means to follow through on the threat.....

If what I stated are facts then she will get a permit whether the investigating trooper thinks so or not.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Wasn't she threatened during the course of the robbery? Doesn't the robber have her address, drivers license, etc. and therefore the means to follow through on the threat.....

If what I stated are facts then she will get a permit whether the investigating trooper thinks so or not.

I don't believe so. She was with a friend and when she began yelling, they tool the friend's purse and ran.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom