• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Um....serlously?

Yes sir. Hogan has not done anything to help us (I understand he can't/won't). The losers in the MGA are still winning. If the break in the storm is nothing new anti gun wise being passed, its still raining crap on us. And for the record I voted for Hogan and will again just to keep someone worse from getting in.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I would say that it's gotten slightly better. No shell casing requirement anymore, permit holders don't have to submit fingerprints for renewal (I know this doesn't affect everybody but for those of us that have permits it's a win) and more permits are being gained through the HPRB than probably ever before.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I would say that it's gotten slightly better. No shell casing requirement anymore, permit holders don't have to submit fingerprints for renewal (I know this doesn't affect everybody but for those of us that have permits it's a win) and more permits are being gained through the HPRB than probably ever before.

I guess you can consider those things slightly better. That's the thing...only a select few are gaining a little. Let's be real...the shell casing thing was only done to save $ and to throw a proverbial bone to the 2a crowd and nothing else. They're baby steps in the right direction, just not enough. I look at the other things you mentioned as mere bones tossed to select members of the 2a community while the rest of the dogs are left outside of the fence. I look at the 2A community as a whole team. It doesn't matter if one guys scores 30 points in the game if the team's overall score isn't enough to win. I guess I see everything overall 2a related in MD as preposterous since I came from the free state of WV.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    There have been a few minor improvements, and the atmosphere is better than ever to make a few more modest but meaningful changes in the short term even without the MGA. Still, re-electing Hogan, getting the egregious gerry mandered Districting corrected, and putting more pros in the MGA are the long-term keys to success.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I guess you can consider those things slightly better. That's the thing...only a select few are gaining a little. Let's be real...the shell casing thing was only done to save $ and to throw a proverbial bone to the 2a crowd and nothing else. They're baby steps in the right direction, just not enough. I look at the other things you mentioned as mere bones tossed to select members of the 2a community while the rest of the dogs are left outside of the fence. I look at the 2A community as a whole team. It doesn't matter if one guys scores 30 points in the game if the team's overall score isn't enough to win. I guess I see everything overall 2a related in MD as preposterous since I came from the free state of WV.

I'm guessing from the above, you are a "I want it all and I want it now" kind of person?

I'm also guessing from the above that you at least see part of the picture with the "They're baby steps in the right direction" comment.

But that is the issue isn't it, baby steps, we lost our rights a little (baby step) at a time, and that is how we will get them back, one little "insignificant" win at a time. Yep, it sucks, but it took us 40+ years to get to a point to were we can start to turn this around. It won't take us 40+ years to get back, but it also won't happen over night.

You voted for Hogan and you plan to again, that's great, but I have a question. How engaged are you with your Delegate(s) and State Senator? If not may I ask why not?
    Not just on firearms issues, but any issue that concerns you? More communications on more issues that concern you make you more than a one issue constituent to them and less likely to be blown off.
    I am going to assume you write and call them during the legislative session on gun bills, yes? If not, why not?
    Do you show up in Annapolis and at least add to the numbers for those watching the hearings, and at most sign up to testify? Yes, I understand not everyone can get the time off to do so, but if you can't how about submitting written testimony that goes into the record?

The fact that more people are getting pissed at A) the BS the state puts us through and B) the baby steps we are making to get our rights back, after 40+ years of trying to just hold the line and being hohum about it, is a good thing. More pissed off people about our rights means more people to turn out,write, call, etc. the elected officials in Annapolis. Now we need to get everyone that is pissed off, to pick an item and go after it.

I'm OK with you being angry at the baby steps and the BS from that state, just don't give up on the movement we are making and take that anger and use it to continue making progress (even if it is baby steps).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom