• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Virginia Citizens Defense League President, Philip Van Cleave, talks about an average day for a citizen in Virginia. A certain Attorney General of the State of Maryland would have you believe it's the Wild West...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEgfHrqmx4I

Despite Virginia being a shall-issue state AND having permitless open carry, Virginia has significantly less crime and violence than in Maryland.

Please visit https://www.vcdl.org/ to learn more about VCDL and don't forget to sign up for their VA Alerts!

JOIN MSI HERE
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/join

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Can't speak for VA but out here everywhere you go you will see people open carry and people who somewhat tried to conceal the fact that they are carrying but did a really poor job of it. Nobody cares it's just normal everyday life and you know what people are a lot friendlier. You can drum up a conversation about guns with a total stranger at the supermarket or gas station and not receive strange looks from passerbys that happen to hear you. Crime is a lot lower too!

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Can't speak for VA but out here everywhere you go you will see people open carry and people who somewhat tried to conceal the fact that they are carrying but did a really poor job of it. Nobody cares it's just normal everyday life and you know what people are a lot friendlier. You can drum up a conversation about guns with a total stranger at the supermarket or gas station and not receive strange looks from passerbys that happen to hear you. Crime is a lot lower too!
    Where do you reside?

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Our AG is a blooming idiot.

Good one!

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If Virginia is the Wild West, I'm in!

Btw, even the Wild West wasn't that wild. It's notoriety and moniker was gained mostly based on a limited, small, sub-population of violence-prone young males. Very much like, say, WILD BALTIMORE, Mr. Frosh.

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    I despise how liberal anti-gun states like NJ and MD call pro gun states the wild west. I remember some NJ anti-gun spokeswoman talking about how if they let more people obtain handguns they'd be dueling out in the street.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    If Virginia is the Wild West, I'm in!

Btw, even the Wild West wasn't that wild. It's notoriety and moniker was gained mostly based on a limited, small, sub-population of violence-prone young males. Very much like, say, WILD BALTIMORE, Mr. Frosh.

And the Law West of the Pecos, err ... Potomac ... according to Frosh.

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
      s-l300.jpg
      12.2 KB · Views: 1,065

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Now that I've seen the actual statement, why is it being spun he called Virginia the Wild West? Even if he had, why wouldn't that be a compliment?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Yes, it was the judicial system that was really wild. Poor analogy on his part.

Judge Roy "Hang 'em first, try 'em later" Bean ... unlike Frosh's philosophy of catch and release. We could use a few more 'wild west' types like that. :rolleyes:

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I despise how liberal anti-gun states like NJ and MD call pro gun states the wild west. I remember some NJ anti-gun spokeswoman talking about how if they let more people obtain handguns they'd be dueling out in the street.

It's because fundamentally, liberals don't trust themselves. And since they don't trust themselves, no one is to be trusted.

Exception: Special pet populations like Illegals, Jihadi's etc. These groups are all above reproach and can always be counted on to do the right thing.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

You know, the bitch of the thing is that our society IS like the Wild West, in one very important area:

Gun violence.

No, seriously.

If you look at who is committing gun murders in modern times, it is by and large "marginalized" (economically disadvantaged, poor, whatever) young men who are in criminal gangs.

And, if you do the research, guess who was committing all of those horrible murders and getting in gunfights in the Old West?

Yup. "Marginalized" young men who were in criminal gangs.

Joe Cowpoke and Jane Farmwife, though they had MUCH more ready access to guns than the average person does today, weren't out killing people with them. For Joe Cowpoke, his gun was a tool - you could put down an animal with one if needed, or defend yourself from human or animal if you had to (being dragged by the stirrup by a runaway horse was every cowboy's fear, for example). For Jane Farmwife, the lever action or shotgun that was kept in the house was great for killing that night's dinner, or for taking care of the rattlesnake in the back yard.

The people that were killing other people with guns were criminals, almost exclusively.

Just like today.

Strange, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom