• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • supdog

Mar 28, 2015
    The law (section (r)(2) of §5–101) clearly says that AK-47s are banned. Specifically AK-47s, not all AK-pattern rifles. That means that AK-47s and all copycats are banned, but any AK-pattern gun whose internal parts aren't "completely interchangeable" (that's MDSP's term) with an AK-47 is not banned. An AK-74's bolt, barrel, and a bunch of other critical working parts are not interchangeable with a 47, so it's not a copycat. This is why the MDSP has said that the Arsenal SLR104 and SLR106 are legal. Same with various Molot VEPRs and the Zastava M90NP.

How can I craft a bunch of review requests to the MDSP to start working through more non-7.62 AKs so that we can start buying them? The review request form is right on the MDSP website, but I don't want to fill it out wrong and then get some reviewer over there who wrongly marks a rifle banned.

Any tips on the best way to fill out these forms?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome , glad to see your first post , after 15 months . We're looking foreward to conversing with you some more. Stop on by the Introductions. We can get to know each other, and our usual helpful fellows will be by shortly with useful information and links.

Back on the specific topic - And " all Kalashnikov pattern " is listed in addition to AK-47 .

MSP LD works in mysterious ways, and the logic or consistancy is not always visable to mere mortals .

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    My suggestion is to not poke the bear when it comes to these guns we have some we can buy why make them look harder at things that are legal just buy one of the legal models

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The law (section (r)(2) of §5–101) clearly says that AK-47s are banned. Specifically AK-47s, not all AK-pattern rifles. That means that AK-47s and all copycats are banned, but any AK-pattern gun whose internal parts aren't "completely interchangeable" (that's MDSP's term) with an AK-47 is not banned. An AK-74's bolt, barrel, and a bunch of other critical working parts are not interchangeable with a 47, so it's not a copycat. This is why the MDSP has said that the Arsenal SLR104 and SLR106 are legal. Same with various Molot VEPRs and the Zastava M90NP.

How can I craft a bunch of review requests to the MDSP to start working through more non-7.62 AKs so that we can start buying them? The review request form is right on the MDSP website, but I don't want to fill it out wrong and then get some reviewer over there who wrongly marks a rifle banned.

Any tips on the best way to fill out these forms?

Every rifle that would easily pass the review, and is available for sale on the current market, has already been submitted by dealers.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    My suggestion is to not poke the bear when it comes to these guns we have some we can buy why make them look harder at things that are legal just buy one of the legal models

I did not realize AK74's were not banned. hmmm do I need one more rifle in one more caliber? A subject for a different thread.

Blacktalon is correct, people have pestered the ATF with too many what if questions. Best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I was just browsing through the MSP list and saw that the Century M74 Sporter is now kosher as of April. Yeah, it's just a Century, but it's better than nothing!

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I was just browsing through the MSP list and saw that the Century M74 Sporter is now kosher as of April. Yeah, it's just a Century, but it's better than nothing!

most do not have the right barrel on them you know that meme of a 74 blowing up in the guys face? thats a M74

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That's not end of the world bad.

Arsenal also only "temporarily" stopped importing. If you have tracked them over the years they do this periodically then 2 or 3 years later they start flowing again possibly as a slightly different model.

Just something to keep in mind if this is on your want but not need list.

I do wish we could get a few more of the 74 "like" builds out there that are quality on the list. There are still decent parts kits out there and quality builders.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I wonder if it's legal to sell your 74 in State again? (NO its not for sale, yet :innocent0 )

Attachments

• 20170722_124826 - Copy.jpg
      20170722_124826 - Copy.jpg
      46.7 KB · Views: 400

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Saw 2 arsenal 104s new in box both with 4 mags at Chantilly show for 775.00 bot gone by end of show. The guy also had a arsenal 106 it to was gone by close of the show, it sold for 699.00 with 4 mags new in box .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom