CCW strategies in MD...thinking out loud here...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    The whole system is a festering pile of mule chit , I am so confused on how Maryland and our State Police can keep the smell contained they keep piling more dung on top of the existing dung .

All this and I already have a permit , I can't imagine the people fighting just to get the first one .

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    No they dont! If this were true, any resident of Baltimore could get a permit to protect their wallet after work.
    Sorry not that simple. Just protecting your wallet does not suffice. Owning a business and possessing large sums of cash or expensive merchandise tends to make you much more of a target than just carrying a wallet. The only way you are going to beat a charge of using deadly force is by actually defending yourself against great bodily harm from someone that is endangering your life. Someone in your driveway attempting to steal your car is not putting your life in danger.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Sorry not that simple. Just protecting your wallet does not suffice. Owning a business and possessing large sums of cash or expensive merchandise tends to make you much more of a target than just carrying a wallet.

No it does not. I see youve swallowed the Kool Aide.

If you have 2 legs and a cellphone, you are a targethttp://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-bike-robberies-20171024-story.html

The 16 year old girl I know who was jumped by Columnia Mall ...pretty sure she did ot own a business.

If you are doing it right, no one has any idea whats in the backpack. Now, if you walk around with 100 bills taped to your forehead, sure.

:sad20:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    No it does not. I see youve swallowed the Kool Aide.

If you have 2 legs and a cellphone, you are a targethttp://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-bike-robberies-20171024-story.html

The 16 year old girl I know who was jumped by Columnia Mall ...pretty sure she did ot own a business.

If you are doing it right, no one has any idea whats in the backpack. Now, if you walk around with 100 bills taped to your forehead, sure.

:sad20:

I'd agree with you in most other states, but I'm not sure that you're going to convince the MDSP that having two legs and a cell phone is G&S.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hi folks...I can't believe this hasn't been asked, so point me to the thread if there's one already that you know of. I did a little searching and didn't see one.

Question: What are some "unconventional" CCW applicaiton strategies that folks have used to obtain one in MD? Feel free to message me if you don't want to share publicly.

I've read a bit about it, and MD sounds at least as restrictive as CA (where I just moved from). I don't own a business, don't do security, don't carry diamonds every day, etc. Have "I work/live in a dangerous area" arguments worked?

Just learned a couple of weeks ago that MD permits are pretty restrictive even if you get them, in that they only permit you to carry in the specific area or while doing the specific work you say you need the permit for. So if you're a process server, you can carry while doing that work, but not otherwise.

Are law enforcement allowed to carry when off-duty? Or do they need a separate permit for that? When we lived in Los Angeles, I was looking into the LAPD reserves corp, and found out that one benefit was making it easier to get a concealed carry.

Thanks for any thoughts or experiences you can share!

Not the best strategy to blast ideas in "public". We have journalist and straight up antis lurking here. MOMs and MPGV are all over this board.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not the best strategy to blast ideas in "public". We have journalist and straight up antis lurking here. MOMs and MPGV are all over this board.

Big shout out to Michael DeLong, Rocket Jay and their gal pals.

B1ONMpGCYAA3Uk6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom