• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    There actually isn't a "CCW" permit either.....

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Yes so I will use the right words, sometimes people really take things to the letter. There are no "resident" "non-resident" permits. There is a Permit to Carry a Handgun that will only be issued to you if you A) Live in MD and/or B) own a business in MD. When I say there are no "non resident permits" I mean if you do not live in MD and/or do not own a brick and morter business in maryland and/or work for a company as a 1099 employee in MD that causes you to do business on behalf of said company, you will be denied a Permit to Carry a Handgun in the state of Maryland.

It is not like Utah where you can just apply for a Utah Concealed Firearms Permit having never stepped in/plan to step in and/or have a reason to step in the state.

Are you sure about that?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Yes so I will use the right words, sometimes people really take things to the letter. There are no "resident" "non-resident" permits. There is a Permit to Carry a Handgun that will only be issued to you if you A) Live in MD and/or B) own a business in MD. When I say there are no "non resident permits" I mean if you do not live in MD and/or do not own a brick and morter business in maryland and/or work for a company as a 1099 employee in MD that causes you to do business on behalf of said company, you will be denied a Permit to Carry a Handgun in the state of Maryland.

It is not like Utah where you can just apply for a Utah Concealed Firearms Permit having never stepped in/plan to step in and/or have a reason to step in the state.
    Just like all the King's subjects who reside in Maryland, a non resident must meet the G&S requirement.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Or C) own a business outside of MD that has clients inside the state. PVC of VCDL fame falls into this category.

MD is not the only jurisdiction that does not have Non Resident permits but issues permits to non residents, DC and FL also fall into that category.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Well, according to the email I just got from Heritage, you can “Get Your MD Wear & Carry Permit in 2 days!”

They do go on to say that it’s two days of classes but I sincerely hope they tell people BEFORE they take their money, what the realities of Maryland are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom