• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    So I am looking to get a permit and after reading that a security clearance would be taken as G&S I reached out to my FSO and asked for the letter stating my clearance level etc. on company letterhead, however he won’t give me a letter says the company is worried about lability. So my question is what would the chances of me getting by with printing out the listing on my security file (it’s not restricted I checked) the listing shows all the info my level, issue dates, etc. also has my picture on it. I would then explain and could even show the email from my FSO stating they cannot give me a letter etc.? I am assuming if the MSP investigator called my FSO he would confirm over the phone just not via a formal letter.
    Given that I also have a second G&S I was going to add to my app, I flip houses on the side and have an LLC that I use. We do deal with some cash (I pull money out of the biz account via ATM) while we are working on a house as a lot of contractors want cash the amounts range between $200 and $800 at a time. I was also add that we deal with houses that have been empty for a long time and always have the risk of squatters. Along with going to empty bank owned houses that usually have no power and who knows what / who is hiding in them.
    My last possible G&S reason would be that I help with security at the Chabad that my family goes to with the shooting in CA and PA this year the Rabbi has asked me to help at Chabad events etc. Not sure if that helps or not. Thoughts?

Last edited:

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013
    The rabbi at Chabad may be able to give you permission to carry while in the building.

If you do apply, use spell-check.

Did you ever open your brewery?

Yeah I have gotten permission in writing from the Rabbi to carry in the building. however its still a ? on transporting the gun back and forth from my house.
    fixed the spelling
    Havent gotten the Brewery up and running yet, still in the works but prob a few more years out.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah I have gotten permission in writing from the Rabbi to carry in the building. however its still a ? on transporting the gun back and forth from my house.
    fixed the spelling
    Havent gotten the Brewery up and running yet, still in the works but prob a few more years out.

In re transporting to and from Chabad, all I can say is:

A wise old owl sat in oak
    The more he saw, the less he spoke
    The less he spoke, the more he heard
    Why can't we all be like that wise old bird.

Menachem Mendel Schneerson approves.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    As far as security clearance goes, from what I understand (I had my in person with MSP last week) you will need a TS and have been part of the federal data breach a few years back. The officer and I spoke about clearances and G&S and that is what he told me.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    As far as security clearance goes, from what I understand (I had my in person with MSP last week) you will need a TS and have been part of the federal data breach a few years back. The officer and I spoke about clearances and G&S and that is what he told me.

As ever, it's MSP Licensing Division, making up "rules" as they go along.

goofy810

Jan 14, 2013

Yes but did he say what they require as proof? My issue is my FSO won’t write a letter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    You don't have to volunteer anything, but if you do "I am on my way to target practice." Of course, I never give them a reason to pull me over and ask either. But with all the hate these days, might consider an upgrade to a carbine anyway.

btw, I might not volunteer the "help with security" angle for a few reasons. I would stick with: security clearance, cash business. The rest is none of their business. Sometimes less is more.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I wrestle with the idea that by confirming a US citizen has been cleared by the US government for access to US classified information is in any way a potential liability to a US agency when said citizen needs said confirmation to exercise an enumerated right under the US Constitution.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I recommend starting a small business and running about 6 months of transactions through it, regardless of size. Not saying I agree with having to jump through hoops but in the mean time why be without.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You don't have to volunteer anything, but if you do "I am on my way to target practice." Of course, I never give them a reason to pull me over and ask either. But with all the hate these days, might consider an upgrade to a carbine anyway.

btw, I might not volunteer the "help with security" angle for a few reasons. I would stick with: security clearance, cash business. The rest is none of their business. Sometimes less is more.

I know a few people and saw more than that go through the HPRB who had a permit using that as their G&S.

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    HPRB will cease to exist by Feb 2020. Appeals will go through OAH.

I thought I heard they only have one confirmed member of the board now and therefore it’s effectively defunct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    From what I understand (someone correct me), the MSP was not granting a permit to folks with a secret as their G&S. They wanted TS. In their minds secret was not a high enough level. But with the way things are now, who the hell knows.
    Ping MSI, they would be your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom