• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Who hammered him? I put out a four word post while I was at the meeting and then he hammered himself with three or four posts before I replied again.

I even called him on the way home from the meeting and told him that I wasn't trying to be a dick and related some past examples (from the same sources) that didn't pan out. I thought we were good when I got off the phone but apparently not.

This is about the fourth time I've heard this and up until now it hasn't happened. That was my only motivation behind the warning and is exactly what I told him on the phone. Believe me or not, I don't care.

This is a very positive development towards the restorations of our rights but we don't stop until we have the whole damn cake back.

Well said - You're a good man!

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Who hammered him? I put out a four word post while I was at the meeting and then he hammered himself with three or four posts before I replied again.

I even called him on the way home from the meeting and told him that I wasn't trying to be a dick and related some past examples (from the same sources) that didn't pan out. I thought we were good when I got off the phone but apparently not.

This is about the fourth time I've heard this and up until now it hasn't happened. That was my only motivation behind the warning and is exactly what I told him on the phone. Believe me or not, I don't care.

This is a very positive development towards the restorations of our rights but we don't stop until we have the whole damn cake back.

Not entirely true and accurate , but for the sake of brotherhood and continuity I would rather move past this .
    If you want to clear things up here that is fine as well . Just let me know and we will walk thru the other digs to me and another member of MDS .

But I would rather pass on it at this time , if that is okay .

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    As a police officer this doesn't directly affect me because I'm covered under LEOSA, however, I support shall issue and unrestricted for all. I'm happy for those who by virtue of the state's modified criteria can now carry unrestricted but I find it to be complete and utter ******** that others can't simply because they're not a business owner. If I was acting in an official capacity there is no way I could ever legally or morally justify unequal treatment of one individual over another based on their status as a business owner and there's no way they should be able to do it in regards to gun rights.

Amen to that.
    “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Sun paper article, of course the usual turds are slamming Hogan for this due to the timing.

Surprisingly Sen Beidle supports the change.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politi...0190806-jfovzlcm3bbyfgolc5fwn6mkr4-story.html

Del. Vanessa Atterbeary, a Howard County Democrat, also criticized the timing of the policy change.

“To make that decision in the wake of what just happened in El Paso and Dayton and everything that has preceded this is a slap in the face of every single Marylander,” said Atterbeary, who is vice chairwoman of the House Judiciary Committee. “It is shameful in every sense that it could be shameful.”

Liz Banach, director of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence, sees the policy change as a defeat in efforts to prevent the proliferation of guns and gun usage. Her group believes that the more often guns are owned and carried, the more likelihood there is for gun violence to occur.

“It’s just increasing the frequency and opportunity for bad things to happen,” Banach said.

Sen. Pamela Beidle, an Anne Arundel County Democrat who sponsored the law, said she thinks the policy change is reasonable. Beidle, who has owned an insurance agency, said she appreciates that many business owners have work obligations that carry into personal time. Plus, she said, business owners with gun permits have already been vetted.

“They’ve already had their background check and been through the licensing class and done everything they need to do,” Beidle said.

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    So nice to hear from Prohibitionist “Lizzie Nation” Banach of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Owners about her false “beliefs.”

Lizzie this is a news article.

Your anti-gun owner religious beliefs are not relevant.

You were included in the Baltimore Sun story (above) so your feelings wouldn’t be hurt.

Attachments

• 48A0DAB2-80C5-4FD9-905C-1E76F01493B5.jpg
      48A0DAB2-80C5-4FD9-905C-1E76F01493B5.jpg
      87.7 KB · Views: 314

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Sun paper article, of course the usual turds are slamming Hogan for this due to the timing.

Surprisingly Sen Beidle supports the change.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politi...0190806-jfovzlcm3bbyfgolc5fwn6mkr4-story.html

She's a weasel and this is just a drop in the bucket of proof.

She tells her constituents one thing and does whatever leadership demands in the Senate.

How come no one ever proposed a bill to eliminate statutory authority to impose restrictions or at least remove the 2013 imposed penalty? At least we could have had an accounting of who ostensibly stood where.

They're chumps and won't do it.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I’ll try. Kudos to everyone who cared enough to be truly informed, who could be a witness at Handgun Permit Review Board hearings, or testified as a witness about the HPRB in Annapolis.

Many thanks to all here who focused attention and exacting research on Maryland Wear & Carry Permit law and studied the statutory authority of the Handgun Permit Review Board, for years.

Members here such as DC-W and Cypherpunk originally risked arrest and then sued to crack open the private/secret sessions of the old Democrat, corrupt MSP-rubber stamp “Thomas” HPRB.

Governor Hogan was actively lobbied in person by PATRIOT PICKET and MDS members to appoint Handgun Permit Review Board members who properly understood and interpreted their independent statutory authority to hear and rule “de novo” on W & C Permit appeals to the MSP permit denials.

(Note: PATRIOT PICKET leaders also elucidated the notion that, as political appointees to a citizen oversight board, the HPRB wasn’t obligated to give unquestioning deference to MSP decisions, or to operate by the Standard Operating Procedures of the MSP.)

The Hogan-appointed “Wilson” HPRB independently followed MD law for the first time in decades, developing a comprehensive and timely process to hear appeals and evaluate them fairly on a case-by-case basis.

This process continued under the leadership of the HPRB Vice-Chairman John Michel, who led the Board after the retirement of HPRB Chairman Robert Wilson.

They discharged their sworn duties consistently, with courage and integrity, paving the way intellectually for the change that was announced today.

The “Wilson” HPRB brought relief to so many who were subjectively and unjustly denied permits or removal of their arbitrary and jeopardizing permit restrictions.

But that didn’t end the unlawful discrimination against us.

MDS and PATRIOT PICKET, led by Jeff Hulbert, who was personally expelled and risked arrest, challenged the MD Capitol Police who were “doxxing” all members of the public who attended the Hogan-appointed “Wilson” HPRB hearings.

The MCP not only examined public attendees ID’s but demanded a Driver’s License that they then swiped/scanned into their computer at the security check-point.

We put an end to that.

We have always acted because it was right.

Thanks to Maryland Shall Issue for keeping constant non-partisan legal pressure on Maryland’s corrupt, un-Constitutional Democrat “may issue” permit scheme.

The MDS legal eagles here have contributed astounding legal insight and persuasive reasoning attacking the entire MD permit scheme.
    Really wonderful retrospective summary, Deep Lurker.

Welder and Stoveman, glad you both are focusing on the positive and moving forward. Salut/Prost/Skal

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    She's a weasel and this is just a drop in the bucket of proof.

She tells her constituents one thing and does whatever leadership demands in the Senate.

How come no one ever proposed a bill to eliminate statutory authority to impose restrictions or at least remove the 2013 imposed penalty? At least we could have had an accounting of who ostensibly stood where.

They're chumps and won't do it.

Spot on analysis. You could tell during the whole SB1000 debacle that she wasn't a true believer and was just reciting what she was spoon fed by her handlers over at MPGOwnership. But when Miller said jump she asked how high on the way up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom