• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I have 40 pounds of rice. Always have some on hand. I hate going out shopping the past month having total strangers think I'm a hoarder when in fact I'm just doing my couple times a week regular shopping. Picking up extra stuff every shopping trip street moving up here has paid off.

Yup - always throwing a little something in the larder over a period of weeks. Of course, they will now work to consider that hoarding in spite of the fact that nothing you did disrupted any supply chain at any point.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I have 40 pounds of rice. Always have some on hand. I hate going out shopping the past month having total strangers think I'm a hoarder when in fact I'm just doing my couple times a week regular shopping. Picking up extra stuff every shopping trip street moving up here has paid off.

I'll see your 40 with my 50. :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yup - always throwing a little something in the larder over a period of weeks. Of course, they will now work to consider that hoarding in spite of the fact that nothing you did disrupted any supply chain at any point.
    Larder.....

You master the art of teaching without actually teaching. The 2nd word in 2 days from you I've googled.
    Thanks teach!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Larder.....

You master the art of teaching without actually teaching. The 2nd word in 2 days from you I've googled.
    Thanks teach!

What was the first? I am a font of useless knowledge. Just ask my wife. :lol2:

I'm still awaiting your response too in this or the other mega thread when I addressed some of the specious reasoning you were using and asked you a question to better support your position. Are you going to address this? If you're calling out others, please do the same.

In what capacity? A lab tech? Postdoc? You're presenting yourself as experienced and perhaps an authority. I've helped groups at USAMRIID (and know at least one past Commander who thinks this outbreak is very serious), CDC, NIH, and FDA. Plenty of experience with different deadly viruses. My trainees go to direct their own research groups.

You seem to struggle with extrapolating what a new outbreak can inflict by conflating it with much more widely spread diseases.

By this criteria, Ebola isn't a concern. After all, it's killed only around 15,000 since 1976. Why should we bother to contain outbreaks?

This is the foundation of your argument. Do you understand why it undermines your argument? The brand new virus is spreading more efficiently than flu. When it catches up to flu in spread, what sort of deaths would we see?

If you were 30 years old when Bill Gates was born, yeah, you would have earned a lot more money than Bill Gates at that point. When all is said and done, do you think you'd still be wealthier? Maybe you would be more handsome as Gates isn't the most dashing individual.

Fidelity finally came clean about his profession. For those not "In the know", there is a very important reason WHY the MDS doctors have been holding him in very high esteem in the Wuhan Coronavirus/COVID19 threads.
    If you want an expert on the subject, you have one posting here daily. LISTEN TO WHAT FIDELITY HAS TO SAY.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You're asking me to remember back 24 hours. That's not happenin'. :)
    I just remember having to check a word out.

haha - I get accused of deliberately throwing words out all of the time, and the truth is that I read voraciously as a young one and seemed to have an affinity for nuances in words that created greater precisions in my elocution. :innocent0

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Fallston Walmart has 5 pallets of water bottles not sure if there is a limit. They are limiting paper products 1/ person. Not too crowded yet. 1 case 20ga birdshot left 2 lever action rifles left in gun case a few boxes 22 mag 243 n 270 left.. no rice veggies still wiped out some cereal some flour also had milk out to 4/7 they were restocking sugar when I left. Not crazy yet but its early in the morning

Edit to add no tp

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm NOT fine with that, not by a long shot! The alarmists (some intentionally) are setting us up to massive government expansion and controls every time some jack-wit, self-righteous expert claims the world is going to end. Not to mention, the national debt explodes, tax revenues plummet and many businesses go under. Thanks for the loss of freedoms, massive unemployment and steel-toe boot kick in the financial nuts, NO THANK YOU!

That's understandable but meaningless when actions create far worse problems than they solve. I'm not pointing a finger at you, but all this hysteria and fear is HORSE SHIT. Many of my fellow Americans need to grow a pair!

Not sure you’re meaning but I’m involved in COVID-19 neck deep, day in and day out which is why I’m so sure it’s HORSE SHIT. This isn’t my first rodeo either.

I’m glad you brought that up, it’s time for the meat so let’s use some real information and compare. I love facts, they work like my favorite Glock! BTW, these numbers in the first two categories are on the high side.

COVID-19 (Per CDC, Worldwide (pandemic), December 2019 to Present)
    Illnesses – 250,000
    Deaths – 10,000

COVID-19 (Per CDC, America only, January 2020 to Present)
    Illnesses – 8,500
    Deaths – 100

Common Flu (Per CDC, America Only, October 2019 to Present)
    Illnesses – 38,000,000 to 54,000,000
    Hospitalizations – 390,000 to 710,000
    Deaths – 23,000 to 59,000

Compare the data, do the math and extrapolate anyway you want and it shows what’s happening in America with COVID-19 is HORSE SHIT!

Frankly, if you are ignorant enough to still use influenza stats in your argument, then I can't talk to you about it. Read what lazarus wrote. He puts it out there very well. If you think you just gave me the "smack down" with facts you are very, very wrong.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    My wife went to the local butcher yesterday and they had plenty of meat and eggs for sale. I think this is going to be a permanent change for us. I like the idea of buying from local farmers as much as possible instead of chain grocery stores.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Havent ventured to a store since wednesday. Just heard from a coworker that they are now limiting the number of people in the stores so there is a line of 100+ people with cars snaking through the parking lot waiting to get in.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh

The wife and I got some serious stink eye from a guy behind us in the store last week. It was, largely, a standard run for us. To the uninitiated, we looked like we were panicking a bit. This stink eye came even after we offered to let him go ahead of us, because after all he had only five large packs of toilet paper. He declined.

My schadenfreude was fully formed no less than a third of the way through our checkout process. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom