• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    It's too early to panic.

It's too early to start the campaign for term 2.

Respectfully disagree. The Democrat's campaign for President began on November 8th, 2016. They have been organizing, campaigning, and working on elections. Just look at 2018, they flipped the House of Representatives, or 2019 when they flipped Virginia. Maybe the Republicans haven't begun the campaign, but the Democrats have been at it for years. In fact, I've already begun seeing Biden ads attacking Trump for his pandemic response.

He can dispose of Biden pretty easily; there's no there there. There's no doubt that Trump willl effectively demonstrate that Biden is unfit for the job, and he will not neglect to mention that the VP is the potential POTUS that is being offered for sale to the voters. Given that Biden was the best they could come up with for the main event, there isn't much depth on the bench.

That sounds EXACTLY like what Democrats said going into 2016 election, just reverse the gender. Biden still hasn't picked a VP, he could pick a woman and announce that in light of the accusations, he will resign once elected. The more he stays out of the spotlights, the better. He just has to sit back and let Trump have more press conferences like "Trumptini" where even conservatives were calling him out. This overconfidence, akin to the Democrats in 2016, is terrifying.

The economy would really like to take off. Timing is crucial and dependent on the virus. If T can get people back to work by summer, he'll sweep into office easily. Steps taken by governors and Dems in Congress that go against Trump's actions to stimulate recovery will stick out like hookers in church, and he will no doubt point them out.

This willl be the wildcard. It also depends on how the government reacts to the trend that many lenders are following. In another post, I mentioned how many lenders like Chase and Wells Fargo are allowing people to defer mortgages, but they aren't shifting the payment schedule, they are simply going to charge you 4 months of payments in July. Same with rentals, they can't block evictions forever. This is what I think is worth being worried about. No way the economy can rebound if people have a 5,000 dollar mortgage bill to pay in July, after having been unemployed for 3 months. As much as I don't like the interference, they may have to strongarm the banks into extending people's loans, instead of trying to collect 4 months of back payments at once, add 4 months onto the end of the loan.

It's time to carry on, leading the nation through one of the roughest patches it's faced in quite some time. This is not a "war on terror" where a couple thousand people are killed by zealots; it's a lot closer to an active threat of nuclear annihilation, in terms of what it might do to the nation. Trump has to deal with that, effectively, and communicate his success clearly.

I agree he's got to focus on the issues, but there's a whole RNC and grass routes organizations that can be leading the charge.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Biden puts the DEM in DEMENTIA, and as his dementia progresses it will become more and more obvious. Democrats are certainly dumb enough to vote for him, but I think(hope) most of the independents will not.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    sorry if a repeat - I skipped a bunch of pages.

I stopped after the first one.
    Hold gun manufacturers accountable. In 2005, then-Senator Biden voted against the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act, but gun manufacturers successfully lobbied Congress to secure its passage. This law protects these manufacturers from being held civilly liable for their products – a protection granted to no other industry. Biden will prioritize repealing this protection.

The difference is, you don't sue a knife manufacturer if the knife is used to commit murder. You can if the knife has a history of breaking can causing harm to the user.

You can't sue Coor for drunk drivers. You can sue if the beer is contaminated.

Except for one judge's idiocy, you can't sue because a gun was used. You can sue if the gun/model has a history of catastrophic failure causing harm.

I don't need the rest. The usual "how can we undermine the 2A any which way we can?"

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    [Kev308];5873359 said:
    The pandemic has shown people why we need guns for protection and the hoops people have had to jump thru was a shock to some. This is a good thing for the 2A and its support has most likely had a spike in numbers. The hard sell we have is the reason for the AR type rifles. The possibility of having to defend ourselves from a tyranny is far fetched idea to many.
    Lets not buy into the practical usage of our narratives, even when they are accurate narratives.

The narrative for the other side will be that gun ownership caused more domestic deaths while people where locked up together and stressed. If they get data on any increase of domestic violence murder, or threats they will run with that and spin it up. And if the overall data doesn't help them on that they will use anecdote.

The narrative for the other side on buying spike will be the same as their spin on all gun buying increases: Paranoid "gun nutz" with ten guns bought five more.

So the facts won't matter. The spin is what will matter. And the objective data shows the mainstream press is constantly spinning for the other side, because the press corps is profoundly dominated by Democrats and this is a partisan political issue.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    The economy would really like to take off. Timing is crucial, and dependent on the virus..

Timing for this is clearly dependent on election. There is a emerging party alignment on this issue and indicates to anyone watching that shifting the first part of recovery economic results to past November will benefit one side.

On 2A Biden is in favor of confiscation regimes. He has held up and lauded Australia gun law regime, which is confiscation of virtually all revolvers.

Trump support was underestimated by everyone in 2016. The Democrats and the media already learned their lesson and got huge wins in 2018 even though the economy was doing much better than under Obama. There is no evidence Trump support is now underestimated.

If the Democrats can sharply limit number and length of debates, and they are already working to do so, and keep Biden live interviews with any neutral press to a minimum prospects for Biden look very very good.

The US press-DNC machine has already suppressed the Biden sexual assault with almost no downside

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    He is a COM - Creepy Old Man. If he had put his hands on my daughter(s) like you see him doing in some of those pictures, or my wife, there would have been some very loud yelling until he removed them. My oldest daughter probably would have foot-stomped him and then kneed him in the nuggets. The hair smelling thing is even creepier... Who does that kind of s***?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    If if the vegetable candidate were to win, I don't think we would have much to worry about since he might sign just about anything if you tell him it was sponsored by a dog-faced pony soldier that can do more pushups.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      51.4 KB · Views: 273

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Respectfully disagree. The Democrat's campaign for President began on November 8th, 2016. They have been organizing, campaigning, and working on elections. Just look at 2018, they flipped the House of Representatives, or 2019 when they flipped Virginia. Maybe the Republicans haven't begun the campaign, but the Democrats have been at it for years. In fact, I've already begun seeing Biden ads attacking Trump for his pandemic response.

I understand your disagreement.
    What I meant to imply is that Trump starting a blatant campaign push at this time would undermine his authority as a leader in a crisis. He has to be seen to lead, not to scramble for votes.

That sounds EXACTLY like what Democrats said going into 2016 election, just reverse the gender. Biden still hasn't picked a VP, he could pick a woman and announce that in light of the accusations, he will resign once elected. The more he stays out of the spotlights, the better. He just has to sit back and let Trump have more press conferences like "Trumptini" where even conservatives were calling him out. This overconfidence, akin to the Democrats in 2016, is terrifying.

I felt that at the back of my neck while writing it. I presume Trump will pull Biden out of his basement in time to show him as a senile creepster. He might also toss in some comments showing how the DNC undermined Sanders, which should irritate the Sanders contingent enough to stay home in November. But again, it's too soon to start these games.

This willl be the wildcard. It also depends on how the government reacts to the trend that many lenders are following. In another post, I mentioned how many lenders like Chase and Wells Fargo are allowing people to defer mortgages, but they aren't shifting the payment schedule, they are simply going to charge you 4 months of payments in July. Same with rentals, they can't block evictions forever. This is what I think is worth being worried about. No way the economy can rebound if people have a 5,000 dollar mortgage bill to pay in July, after having been unemployed for 3 months. As much as I don't like the interference, they may have to strongarm the banks into extending people's loans, instead of trying to collect 4 months of back payments at once, add 4 months onto the end of the loan.

Trump "strongarming" the banks to help the struggling middle class would be a strong, even brilliant move, giving him FDR-level support across a broad spectrum, while those who would be appalled at the idea would hopefully be bright enough to see it for what it's worth.

I agree he's got to focus on the issues, but there's a whole RNC and grass routes organizations that can be leading the charge.

Right. Those are the people who should be getting active now. Trump must stand above petty politics, if he can, for the time being.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom