• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    If you do I have some questions for you, I'm trying to get permission to hunt there(I'm a military contractor)?

Just go over to the game wardens building and ask them what you have to do. It's kinda late to get started but maybe you can get in on it. You have to hunt with someone who already has permission to hunt there.

I did once when I worked on APG as a contractor a few years ago. There are lots of deer (and lots of coyotes) back there.

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    It is probably too late to get permission but as to actually getting a hold of the game warden himself right now is particularly difficult with the base for the most part being on lock down for essential personel only. I do IT so I can get on base with sufficient reason but anything else is going to be done by email.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    It is probably too late to get permission but as to actually getting a hold of the game warden himself right now is particularly difficult with the base for the most part being on lock down for essential personel only. I do IT so I can get on base with sufficient reason but anything else is going to be done by email.

Try to call them on the phone.

RegularJay

NRA & SAF Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 20, 2007
    Harford County
    I was working downrange this past Saturday, plenty of guys hunting - Covid or not. I also
    watched two deer within 25' of the road pretty much all day today

wb3jma

Nov 15, 2020
    Belcamp, MD Harford County
    I was working downrange this past Saturday, plenty of guys hunting - Covid or not. I also
    watched two deer within 25' of the road pretty much all day today

Yea exactly one of the reasons I want to hunt there. I'm sure there are plenty of deer and not everyone can hunt there and it's one of the few places really left to hunt in Harford Co unless your buddies with one the farmers.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    I used to see a lot of deer up in the park down by the river. You just have to sign in and out and get permission from the rangers there.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    Late to this thread but it is my understanding that you need to sign up with a sponsor. There might be some qualification and gun registration involved too. A guy off the street definitely cannot just show up, sign in and hunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom