Metropolis
    From 2008. Prices were pretty good.

Attachments

• EB53C493-A8B1-40BF-8F54-C6F85C13D357.jpg
      EB53C493-A8B1-40BF-8F54-C6F85C13D357.jpg
      121.8 KB · Views: 273

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    Pat Burns. I'd have to check the paperwork, but that's just about the time I bought mine from them. I had the pleasure of talking to Bill Burns on the phone. I'd been warned not to call him Pat - Pat being his wife, and at that point the one in the family that could hold a FFL.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Pat Burns. I'd have to check the paperwork, but that's just about the time I bought mine from them. I had the pleasure of talking to Bill Burns on the phone. I'd been warned not to call him Pat - Pat being his wife, and at that point the one in the family that could hold a FFL.

One of my receipts she sent a photo of her ny drivers license. She had some great guns. They became bargains in hindsight.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Remember that 2008 was the year of the Great Recession. Firearm auction prices post-crash were depressed. The only time I've seen that happen in my lifetime.
    Got my Israeli HB FAL kit from Bill Burns for a whopping $125. One of the best bargains in my lifetime. Built it up on an Entreprise Israeli Match receiver.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    A guy at a Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman Club Mosin match told me about Pat Burns and I bought a nice 42 SAKO in a wartime stock.

I was saving up to get a VTK and a SKY when a few months later she stopped selling.

I just found out recently it was the NJ attorney general the forced her to stop selling, as if I needed another reason to hate NJ

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    A guy at a Thurmont Conservation and Sportsman Club Mosin match told me about Pat Burns and I bought a nice 42 SAKO in a wartime stock.

I was saving up to get a VTK and a SKY when a few months later she stopped selling.

I just found out recently it was the NJ attorney general the forced her to stop selling, as if I needed another reason to hate NJ

NJ is particularly unfriendly to C&R holders as they don't recognize it. Not sure which state would be at the bottom of my never-move-there list: CA or NJ. Sadly it's a close competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom