• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Not quieter than my 10/22 running Gemtech subs.

Which is not as quiet as my suppressed CZ455 shooting CCI Quiet.

click, thunk.

Click is the striker hitting. Thunk is the bullet hitting. :D

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have a bunch of cfeblk vs just a pound of lil gun so im glad to hear that. With the 9mm stuff I can defintly see how barrel length will play a part in it, I'm hoping because of the a3 upgrading to delayed roller vs the a1 being just blow back it will cycle easier.

I like to use CFE for subs and H110 for supers. CFE BLK uses a lot of powder for subs, data shows a fairly low pressure, but guess from the volume it cycles semis really well with really low velocities compared to some others I have tried. In supers you can't stuff enough in a case to get above pistol pressure levels, it's really forgiving, but much lower velocities than a powder like H110 that can get up to rifle pressures. Barrel length will add velocity, but only up to a point, usually around 10", then velocity stays the same or falls off after that with most loads. Delayed blowback is a different animal. Where case pressure/friction basically acts as the "lock" in blowback, light loads can cycle pretty well, and heavier loads can stay locked more, making it somewhat self-tuning. With delayed, you can have issues with loads outside of a certain range, although they do tend to run better and quieter in that range vs blowback. This is the reason HK used fluted chambers, to help feed a larger range of pressures reliably.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I like to use CFE for subs and H110 for supers. CFE BLK uses a lot of powder for subs, data shows a fairly low pressure, but guess from the volume it cycles semis really well with really low velocities compared to some others I have tried. In supers you can't stuff enough in a case to get above pistol pressure levels, it's really forgiving, but much lower velocities than a powder like H110 that can get up to rifle pressures. Barrel length will add velocity, but only up to a point, usually around 10", then velocity stays the same or falls off after that with most loads. Delayed blowback is a different animal. Where case pressure/friction basically acts as the "lock" in blowback, light loads can cycle pretty well, and heavier loads can stay locked more, making it somewhat self-tuning. With delayed, you can have issues with loads outside of a certain range, although they do tend to run better and quieter in that range vs blowback. This is the reason HK used fluted chambers, to help feed a larger range of pressures reliably.

Also they hate reloaders. Remember, you heard it from me, HK hates reloaders.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Which is not as quiet as my suppressed CZ455 shooting CCI Quiet.

click, thunk.

Click is the striker hitting. Thunk is the bullet hitting. :D

I have a 455 as well with the Spectre II. After the first round it is ridiculously quiet. Same thing, the firing pin hitting the rim is the loudest part until the bullet hits the steal plate. Shooting mini mags is interesting because it's quiet coming out but then has that sonic crack you here rebound of the tree line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom