WILL PARKING TICKETS PREVENT ME FROM BUYING A GUN?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aug 10, 2012
    After my home was broken into, I decided to go to my local dealer and purchase a gun for simple home protection. I bought an sd9 ve, which people were telling me was an okay beginners gun. I still have to wait 7 days for the Background check. But I found out later that I still have unpaid parking tickets/citations (speed cameras). My license is active and clear of fines and I have no criminal background at all. I'm just kind of nervous, Will having unpaid Parking tickets effect me buying a gun??

Please let me know, Thanks

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I doubt it it would impact, but you should pay them because if you don't, you won't be able to renew your tags.

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    Yeah I plan on paying them but I just don't want it to deny me purchase of the gun

Forgive me for repeating this point, but you seem to be having trouble with it - according to your original post (OP), you have already bought the gun, which means you have already passed the federal background check and the state police background check. It's the state check that would have flagged the tickets if they were a reason to deny the purchase.

Did you misstate the case in the OP, and you haven't yet attempted to purchase the gun, or do you have the gun now?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Forgive me for repeating this point, but you seem to be having trouble with it - according to your original post (OP), you have already bought the gun, which means you have already passed the federal background check and the state police background check. It's the state check that would have flagged the tickets if they were a reason to deny the purchase.

Did you misstate the case in the OP, and you haven't yet attempted to purchase the gun, or do you have the gun now?

Unless the original post has changed, it says he passed NICS, paid for the gun, and is in the 7-day waiting period waiting for MSP to not disapprove.

OP, unpaid speed camera tickets are a civil offense, not criminal. They will not affect your MSP criminal background check. You must pay the tickets if you intend to renew your driver's license or vehicle registration in MD.

Aug 10, 2012

I made a mistake in the OP, I meant to include the fact the I have paid for the gun, but I have to wait for the background check to come back from MSP. (7 day waiting period)

rockstarrob

Junior Zombie
    Jul 30, 2009
    I had a fix it ticket for my tag light. Fixed the problem, swung by BA Town had it "ok'd" and mailed it in. Apparently they never received my documentation and my registration was suspended. I was never informed until eight months later when I got pulled over for a suspended registration.
    Pay those tickets! It will ruin your day when you get pulled over for something you have no idea about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom