• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Go get yourself a Smith and Wesson M&P9. Right in your budget.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    If you go 1911 there are several that are good. The Marvel is the best. I have a S&W 22a that has been great. You can get extra top ends for under $200. I have a scoped 7" top that can hang with the rifles and the standard 5" with a red dot all for under $500. I am consideriing another 7" with match sights for under $200. Like I said unless you are shooting for real nothing beats a 22.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Since you are new to handguns, I recommend a Ruger Mark I, II, or III. They can be had for a good price and with your buget you will have a lot left over for practice ammo. Learn the basics with a .22 and then move on from there. I also recommend a range buddy to help you learn the fundamentals.

BeRight

Jul 19, 2012
    Browning buckmark or ruger marks are very reliable accurate 22lr plinkers - great starting handgun and even for experienced handgun owners - most everyone enjoys inexpensive plinking once in awhile.

NIK

Jul 31, 2012
    MD
    Where you loc? If you want, I got a ton of stuff. You buy ammo, I'll let you try some out.

python

Apr 15, 2010
    If you buy a .357 magnum revolver, you can shoot .38 special ammo for practice (and pleasure) at a lower cost, and you'll have full familiarity with the gun for targets or self-defense. Revolvers are much easier to learn with. 1911's are great guns, but the manual of arms has a higher learning curve. Good luck.

Tacticalglobe

III %er
    Mar 11, 2012
    Nottingham, MD
    First gun........I have one word.
    GLOCK

Simple to use, clean and it's VERY reliable.

I'm not saying this because I only own Glock. Because I own and have fired just about every type of small arms weapon on this planet.

I'm saying this because out of all the hand guns I have owned/fired. The Glock is the easiest to own.

If you'd like a personal list of pro's and con's of hand guns, please ask.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom