• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    Title says it all. Definitely been answered before but I can't find it. Hypothetically as a VA resident, can someone take their VA purchased/legal non-HBAR, 16" AR-15 rifle (not pistol) to shoot at a range in MD? Or would I have to slap an HBAR barrel on it before I cross state lines?

Thanks!

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Title says it all. Definitely been answered before but I can't find it. Hypothetically as a VA resident, can someone take their VA purchased/legal non-HBAR, 16" AR-15 rifle (not pistol) to shoot at a range in MD? Or would I have to slap an HBAR barrel on it before I cross state lines?

Thanks!

The answer is NO. You need HBAR barrel for 556/223 rifle.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The answer is NO. You need HBAR barrel for 556/223 rifle.
    That is absolutely 100% correct legally speaking.

The truth is, literally no one is checking. Legally speaking the only way it would even be detected/discovered would be if said person committed a crime, and it was yet one more thing the MD legal system could pile on top of the criminal charges being filed.

All things considered, I follow the laws the very best I am able. I have two AR builds. Both are HBAR even though technically speaking I could have used any other completed upper instead of the two HBAR 16" and 18" barrels I've got. (I also don't play around with the AR short rifle/pistol stuff - there's so much confusion regarding all of that, it's not even worth trying to mess with.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No , unless it's Grandfathered , aka the Va or wherever residents personally owned it prior to Oct 1, 2013 .

However , you may bring your AR Pistol, however would be subject to the 4-203 restrictions on transport .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom